Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p / f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk [help]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep us informed, we'll be around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

FE is actually the latest stable bios version. FFb was released to resolve an issue with Sandforce-based SSDs.

I have the same board and am using it with F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI and a Q9540.

Comment

Originally posted by TDIguy View Post
        FE is actually the latest stable bios version. FFb was released to resolve an issue with Sandforce-based SSDs.

I have the same board and am using it with F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI and a Q9540.
        There is no "FE" for GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 on the official website to download your bios.

Source: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3137#bios

Comment

I'm aware. They removed it when FFb was posted. If you really don't trust the beta, I can provide you with the file or you can get it from our UD3P thread at OCN.

However, FFb is identical to FE in every respect with the exception of the things related to SSDs. Basically the only part of the bios that is "beta" is the change dealing with that. So it really won't hurt. IIRC the improvements made from FD to FE were significant. They related to memory performance and shortening boot-up times.

Even if you don't want to update your bios I recommend checking out the above mentioned thread. It's one of the most comprehensive guides/discussions dealing exclusively with our motherboard, and many of the people used Q6600s as well.

Comment

I'm aware. They removed it when FFb was posted. If you really don't trust the beta, I can provide you with the file or you can get it from our UD3P thread at OCN.

However, FFb is identical to FE in every respect with the exception of the things related to SSDs. Basically the only part of the bios that is "beta" is the change dealing with that. So it really won't hurt. IIRC the improvements made from FD to FE were significant. They related to memory performance and shortening boot-up times.

Even if you don't want to update your bios I recommend checking out the above mentioned thread. It's one of the most comprehensive guides/discussions dealing exclusively with our motherboard, and many of the people used Q6600s as well.
            Ah ok, well I already updated to FFb a few days ago. I also just went ahead and requested an RMA back to Gigabyte so I am getting a replacement. I don't even want to bother fooling with this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrizzel View Post
              Ah ok, well I already updated to FFb a few days ago. I also just went ahead and requested an RMA back to Gigabyte so I am getting a replacement. I don't even want to bother fooling with this anymore.
              aww. what's the point of having a super overclocking board like that if you aren't going to tweak it a lot lol

Comment

aww. what's the point of having a super overclocking board like that if you aren't going to tweak it a lot lol
                Dude, you don't even know my situation... I have spent 4 days trying to tweak this mobo to get to work with my 9800 GX2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrizzel View Post
                  Dude, you don't even know my situation... I have spent 4 days trying to tweak this mobo to get to work with my 9800 GX2.
                  Ohh that stinks. I've had graphics card issues with other boards, I feel your pain.

Comment

Yeah, this replacement should work fine after I get it. (I hope)

Comment

Working...
                    X