Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p / f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk [help]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p / f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk [help]

Model of the motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) Bios ver. FD 2009/11/24
    Model of the memory: G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (4x2GB / 8GB total)
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

I have the above specs except the RAM which I plan on buying. I just want to make sure before I purchase the above will work fine with what I already have. I plan on buying 8 GB's, 4x2GB sticks. By the way, thanks for helping me and nice site!

PS: I have already read this thread: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1169 I'm still a little confused if I will run into any problems.

Thanks, Jbrizzel.

That a good thread for a guide, if any problems give a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the very fast reply, with the specs that I have, will it all work out?

Comment

Can't guarantee it, but chances are real good, if there are any problems they can normally be fixed with sligh DRAM and/or NB Voltage adjustments

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, in the thread for the Bios update it states:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

F12 for rev. 1.0 (2010/1/18)
          F12 for rev. 1.1 (2010/1/18)

This guide is for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/R with the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK.

(This is now solved with the latest BIOS above)

I am confused, I don't need to flash my BIOS fw to anything else right? My Bios version is: FD 2009/11/24.

Thanks, Jbrizzel

Comment

If any problems can try the beta BIOS they have out here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...3137&dl=1#bios

but looks like you have the latest final version - not sure why they left the beta out hanging

Tman

Comment

Yeah, I didn't want to flash to a Beta Bios if I don't have to. A little risky to me if you don't have a warranty on a mobo

Comment

Keep us informed of how it goes

Tman

Comment

Will do, thanks for all your very fast and helpful responses.

Comment

No problem, we'll be around

Tman

Comment

I was also doing some more research before I purchased the ram, I also saw: F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ would that ram be more stable with my CPU and mobo versus the ram that I previously posted about?

Thanks, Jbrizzel
                      Last edited by Jbrizzel; 04-15-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

The Pqs and PKs are both good sets of sticks, you'll prob have better luck and less adjusting to do with the PQ set as it's 800 vs the 1066.

Tman

Comment

Well I spent ALL day reading all the Newegg reviews for the PK's on mobo's UD3P and most of them are saying they get a lot of BSOD's.

Source Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

Comment

Could be a lot of things, especially with RAM...most common is people have an old out of date BIOS, with the socket 775, many have bout 800 or even 1066 DRAM and don't know about adjusting voltages or timings...it's one of the reasons many end up coming here or emailing support direct....another interesting thing I've found, is many have problems....and list their tech level as high, yet it's often a very basic problem....and not just with RAM, many feel extremely well versed in systems and actually know very little.

Tman

Comment

Ah ok, that boosts my confidence then a little. I will def pick up the PK's then and post back on the results.

Comment

Working...
                              X