Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability problems with 8GBPI & Asus P5Q PRO

Model of the motherboard: Asus P5Q PRO Turbo
    Model of the memory: F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI (DDR2-1100, PC2-8800, 2048MB x 4, CL5-5-5-15, 1.8~1.9V)
    Model of the CPU: Intel Q9650 3.00 GHz
    1200W Toughpower power supply
    ATI FirePro V5800 Professional Graphics card

I recently had this memory RMA'd (Reference RMA#UR2117347) because the set I had wouldn't even post BIOS. I'm currently having trouble finding the combination of settings which will keep my computer stable. Right now, I get BSOD every other day or so, usually using Firefox to watch something on Hulu, or playing flash games. My goal for this system is to eventually upgrade the graphics and run a triple-screen racing simulator. I would think that having problems with flash now, is a bad sign of issues to come.

The set of ram returned to me had no documentation other than a sticky note with "195" written on it. I set the DRAM settings to auto, raised the voltage to 1.94, and raised the NB voltage to 1.20; which has gotten me by, but it seems like the crashes are becoming more frequent.

I have pictures of the BIOS screen and the memtest results, but it will be a little bit before I can get those up.

Am I heading in the right direction? Can someone point me to a resource that walks through this process? The closest thing I've found has been about over clocking your CPU, which is not what I'm trying to do here.

Have DRAM at 5-5-5-15, 1.9? Might try raising NB another .03 - .04. Also might check for latest GPU driver for your card, might help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, DRAM set to 5-5-5-15 @ 1.90V, and NB @ 1.22V. Tried it at 1.24V, but it just crashed explorer after about two minutes. So far, watched about an hour and a half of Family Guy on Hulu, no problems. Next time I start it up, I'll try to run MemTest again and see what I get, but it seems to be a little more stable.

Thanks for your prompt response, Tradesman!

Comment

No problem, keep us informed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X