Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking ram for GA-EP35-DS4/Q9300 Hackintosh

Hi,

I am running a hackintosh on this board for a while, but am a little disappointed I never was able to run the system any faster than default. As with Lion the Ram requirements are starting to make me interested in getting a Ram upgrade for the system going from 4GB to 8GB.

Yet, I am a little nervous about upgrading this particular system (GA-EP35-DS4/Q9300) because it's age (2008) and also the problems I have been having over clocking it with it's current Corsair Ram. I am considering dropping in the G.Skill DIMM Kit 8GB PC2-6400U CL5-5-5-15 (DDR2-800) (F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ). What I am seeking is a minimum stable operation at CPU 7.5 x 400 = 3Ghz. Would your ram running overclocked at 1066 be possible?

I have read that there might be some compatibility problems with the 4 Corsair CM2x1024-6400C4 sims currently installed at the moment which might explain why currently the system is only stable without over clocking.
    CPU 7.5 (7 + 0.5) x 333FSB = 2.5Ghz (Ram Auto at 800)

But this corsair ram is supposed to be rated cl4 and sadly there is no possibility to have a stable machine over clocked. The Q9300 was supposed to be easily over clocked and sadly it has been a big disappointment so far...

I also understand there is no Bios guide published here for the GA-EP35-DS4 which prompted me to post here before I go ahead and make a purchase.

Maybe someone has a suggestion where I should go from here..
    Thanks in advance,
    Oclair

If set on running at 1066, I'd look for a set of 4 that are 1066 Native, rather than try and OC 800 sticks up on a P35 mobo, especially for 4 sticks, would have to raise the DRAM and NB voltage a fair amount (more heat) to sustain the 1066 and depending on what all you'll be doing it would probably have a fair load on the CPU also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X