Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ bios settings

Hi,

I have 4 sticks of F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ DDR2 memory, for a total of 8Gb of RAM in an Abit IP-35 Pro mobo.

I have intermittent instability, due to, I think, some of the mobo's AUTO settings in respect to the memory.

The RAM is a CL5-5-5-15 (1.8-1.9v).

The mobo uses a Phoenix Award Bios. The selectable DRAM timings are as follows:

CAS latency;5
    RAS to CAS delay; 5
    RAS precharge delay; 5
    active to precharge delay (shown as Precharge Delay (tRAS)); 15
    refresh cycle time; AUTO
    write recovery time; AUTO
    write to read delay; AUTO
    RAS to RAS delay (shown as Act to Act Time (tRRD)); AUTO
    precharge command delay (shown as Read to Precharge (tRTP));AUTO
    and command rate.2

If I want MORE stability (at the cost of a little speed), how should I change the 5-5-5-15/2T settings? What should I make the AUTO settings read if I want to hard-set them?

Thanks!

Ken

Try with the DRAM set to 1.9-1.95 and raise the NB voltage a bit, maybe + .04 or so, the NB voltage increase should help the MC (memory controller) better handle 4 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman,

Thanks... I have done exactly that already, a long time ago. No help. Do you think voltage beyond 1.95v would be okay? What about those "auto" settings?

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

Up to 2.0 or slightly higher should be okay, and check that you have the latest BIOS. If the higher DRAM and/or NB voltage doesn't help, if you can post your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

refresh cycle time; 24
          write recovery time; 6
          write to read delay; 4
          RAS to RAS delay (shown as Act to Act Time (tRRD)); 3
          precharge command delay (shown as Read to Precharge (tRTP));4

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X