Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1066 and 1000Mhz 4GB kits on a GA-EP45-UD3R

Greetings all;
    I purchased used gaming desktop and one of the sticks of F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI (2x2GB) 1.8-9v has turned up bad after memtest86 on each separately (getting RMA).
    The board is running F12 BIOS.

Then--
    Purchsed 2 pcs. F2-8000CL5D-4GBPI 1000mhz. to run in interum.

With optimized defaults the 1000 speed runs at 800. If I am to manually set it up for 5,5,5,15; 2.1, T2, 1000, ... what does the T2 and 1000 part of that mean? There's no SPD value that gives me 1000 speed, and I don't see a T variable anywhere in BIOS...

It's not disgraceful at 800 speed but I'd be happier if I could run it at 1000.

Next question ..s... When I get the 2-1066Mhz sticks back, any chance of running 2 in one channel and 2-1000's in the other? Do storage reads and writes go to slots 1&3 before 2&4 or are tasks shared between channels equally? I wouldn't mind overclocking the 1000 speed if it's possible to run it all at 1066 by tweeking voltages. Both kits just have stock crown dissipators in a GSkill CoolerMaster tower.

If getting 8GB of RAM running at 1066 is a no go, what about 8GB at 1000Mhz? would it perform any better than 4GB at 1066Mhz? (I'm basically asking if the two 1000Mhz sticks will be useful at all after the 1066 comes back)...

I've heard the terms NB, MCH, FSB used, and know what they stand for, but I'm clueless when to change them (so I've only just run things on optimized defaults sometimes with turbo or extreme memory boost and turbo graphics boost (nVidea GTX 275). I'm going to try to set the timing to 5,5,5,15 and the dram voltage to 2.1v (it's still at default 1.8) but I don't know how to do the rest... if it BSoD's, I'll just reset defaults and wait for response.

Thanks so much for taking time to consider this matter!

After changing timing to 5-5-5-15, and upping voltage to 2.1v for two pcs 1000Mhz, 2GB (4 ttl), in slots 1&3, still running at 800Mhz. No BSoD on reboot.
    Last edited by Tongwa; 01-24-2012, 07:27 PM. Reason: changed BIOS settings

Sounds like the mobo defaults to 800 so you need to set the frequency of the DRAM to 1000 manually, which is what the 1000 you ask about is, the other you ask about 'T2' is actually 2T and will show in the BIOS as Command Rate on some mobos the T is replaced w/ an N but on the UD3R it should be 2T. You might be able to mix the sticks, if so you'll set the DRAM manually and to 1000 (with mixed sticks all will only run at the slowest ones speed). On the UD3R, I'd suggest the 4 GB sticks in 1, 3 and the others in 2,4...Timings at 5-5-5-15, CR at 2T, and prob start with the DRAM voltage at 2.1. From there may have to raise the NB voltage a tad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks very much. Now setting dram frequency...

I think my FSB is 400Mhz, so... I'm using one of the 'D' SPD multipliers in the BIOS? I chose a few different ones and I can get it to 889 or 1111... I must be doing something wrong..
      I saw command rate .. choose a number between 0-3 i think it said... is that it? make that 2?

btw, i'm not at home.. just relating what i remember from work.. i'll change settings when i get home...

thanks in advance,
      wayne
      Last edited by Tongwa; 01-25-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

You'll want the CR at 2T, might try either the 889 or 1111 - at 1111 you'd want to raise the DRAM voltage +.05 to start

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman

So far, everything is swell! I got the two to run at 1000Mhz but the strapping - whatever that is - was only 266mhz.. so i opted for the 889 with the 'D' strapping (400Mhz). I didn't even try 1111 cuz im afraid to damage the memory since it's all I'll hav until the RMA'd sticks are replaced.
          I'm curious, which would you find preferable... running the two at 1000Mhz and 266 FSB strapping or 889 and 400? I tried to get some idea from running windows performance index but the score doesnt change with either setting.
          Lastly, when i get all four sticks in, do you think it would be a bad idea to run all four at 1111 even tho two are rated for 1000 and the other two 1066? (both pairs are GSkill Pi series, the 1066 are 1.8-9v and the 1000 are 2.1v.. with crown spreaders)...

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

wayne

Comment

I'll see if I can dig anything up, believe there's a way to set this mobo up manually without the strapping, but don't recall offhand

Tman

Comment

I guess i could look into a manual from Gigabyte

Maybe ican figure it out...

I'll start another thread about manually setting up memory on the GA- EP45-UD3R if I run into problems there.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

What CPU are you using? and is it overclocked?

Make sure you set XMP to Profile 1 if that's an option in the bios.

Comment

Working...
                  X