Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with 680i and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK kit

Hi
    I recently purchased a F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK kit for my EVGA 6801 motherboard and I been having problem with computer locking up. I am ram Memtest on the memory looks to be good as I ran 10 passes with it no errors. The main symptom the system will lock up when running The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim usually within an hour. I think this memory even though its testing good is incompatible with my motherboard. I am using 2.1 volt for memory with 5-5-5-15 2T timings and 800mhz. I read on Newegg site that memory must be set at 1066 which I tried using typing in bios setting "Mem DDR mhz 1066". Never been a overclocker so I not sure if that setting was correct and system would not boot with it so reverted to 800mhz. So I need to know
    1. Is memory compatible? - if not can I get a DDR2 800 kit for a replacement?
    2. Have I setup the memory properly if not what should I do?
    3. If the memory is running at lower spec that it rated at shouldn't run no problem?
    3. Any other testing I should do?

I have run upgrade on OS - Windows 7 64bit which was only 2 month old and reinstalled all drivers, swapped out video card EVGA 260GTX, in process of testing system on different hard drive as the hard drive, cpu and memory are new in this system.

My Memory
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

Do you have the latest BIOS for the mobo?, will see if I can dig up anything on it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well after a lot of testing was able to determine that the motherboard has a faulty SATA controller. Luckily I only had one SATA hard drive in the system and its working fine on a different controller.

Comment

Well, that's good to hear, while glad to hear it's not a DRAM problem, loosing a SATA controller can be a pain, might want to look and see if they have any newer drivers for the controllers @ EVGA, the setup might be corrupt.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X