Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Asus P5N32-E SLI and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B

Hello folks,

I have a Q6600 on an Asus P5N32-E SLI board currently clocked from 2.4 GHZ to 3.0Ghz, I had done this with a mix of OCZ and Mushikin PC2-6400 RAM, not great the timings were different etc. I live in a small town and there are no performance parts to be found, so it usualy means a 2+hrs drive or ording online to get parts.

Anyway I just recieved 2 4GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B G.Skill kits from NewEgg, and I am quite excited. However I have run into issues so far.

I have tried running the memory at 1066 @ 2.1v with the 5,5,5,15 timings . Windows boots just fine and I can work in it but while I was viewing this forum preparing to try to reach my goal of 3.2-3.3Ghz Windows locked up, I tired again and Windows again locked. I tried a few times but to no avail. I put the memory back down to 800Mhz and it was stable for longer but again locked up. I switched the memory timing back to Auto and the PC stabailized which is odd becuase running CPUID it shows that it is using 5,5,5,15 timings. Oh I am running the latest BIOS, and a new 750Watt Cooler Master PSU

So I guess I need to borrow some expertise.

Model of the motherboard: Asus P5N32-E SLI
    Motherboard BIOS Revision: 1903
    Model of the memory: F28500CL5D-4GBPI-B
    Model of the CPU: Intel Q6600 Rev G0 2.4Ghz @ 3.0Ghz (1333 FSB)
    Model of the Video Card: MSI Radeon 6870 Hawk
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I am using CPUID and CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro to evaluate BIOS setting once in Windows.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Have you tried running at 800, either at 5-5-5-15 or 4-4-4-12, 2T.....will check, but don't think your mobo supports 1066, many of the SLI mobos topped at 800, though some did kick up to 1066 through BIOS update. Be back later this PM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response.

It was not officially supported at release but I believe was after BISO update 802 to support new CPU's etc.

TIA

Carl
      Last edited by Digilog; 01-07-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

May have been, most weren't. Could try with the DRAM voltage a bit higher ( + .05) and raising the NB voltage a tad .

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Again,

Just thought I would update.

I again manually set the RAM timings 5,5,5,15 C2 but at 800Mhz and upped the voltage to 2.15 as mentioned and that is now running stable. So thanks Tradesman very much.

I have also been able to succeffully reach 3.2Ghz quite stabilly. I am going to shoot for 3.4-3.6Ghz. However my Zalman coolers mounting hardware broke and I am on OEM cooler smaller than the one for the Q6600 with no copper core, so this will have to wait until a new cooler arrives (Have to order and wait cause I live in da sticks).

Once it arrives I will try for more OC and then the promised land of 1066 lol.

Carl

Comment

So I am running stable wel over my goal speed and I can attribute that to excellent RAM.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz (x9 FSB 400 vcore 1.44v NB1.50v SB1.70v)

PC28500 is at 800Mhz though. I tried to run at 1066 and it booted once but did not fully load Windows and subsequent boots locked up earlier.

DDR2 settings are 2.14v 5,5,5,15 2T

Anything I might be able to tweek to get 10066 and if I can't get right to 1066 anythoughts on were the next best stable location might be or starting point? (don't really want to work my way up 1mhz increments)

TIA

Carl

Comment

Well after reading a few other reads posts and mod suggestions I changed my memory settings to:

900Mhz, 4,4,4,12 2T

As I understand this comes close to the same performance as 1066Mhz 5,5,5,15 2T So I must say I am very happy with the memories performance.

It has allowed me to move off the ceiling of 3Ghz I could not previous crack to 3.2 and finally 3.6Ghz which brings me to a full 50% overclock from the stick 2.4Ghz

I'll be popping a positive review on NewEgg today where I ordered the RAM from.

Carl

Comment

Fantastic, glad to hear, those settings should be even better.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X