Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbtd

Hi all !!

I purchased 2 sets of [ Trident ] F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD (2Gx2) http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=204 and I have the MSI DKA790GX motherboard with latest Bios and AMD Phenom II X6 1100T cpu.
    I enable EPP because these memory modules need EPP to reach 1066MHz
    The problem is that after some minutes I have a blue screen inside Windows and making tests using Memtest86 program shows me errors (4 sticks - 8GB). If I use 2 sticks only (4GB), I must admit that I have no problems to this speed but for 4 sticks (8GB) I must use them at 800MHz only.
    Why this happens? Has to do that each mobule has two ranks? I really do not know and I am searching for a solution.

From the date of the latest BIOS, 10/2010 and the CPU support list:

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/DKA790G...div=CPUSupport

it doesn't look like they have added native support for your CPU, might want to drop MSi a line about it, in the meantime, could try raising the DRAM voltage a tad (maybe + .04) and the CPU/NB voltage (+ .06 to start) and see if that helps any

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My CPU is fully supported, if you see to this list the X6 CPUs are not found but if you go to Bios download you will se that till Bios 1.D the six core cpus are supported. The list was ruined after some changes to their website. To see the real cpy list check the DKA790GX Platinum list because the two motherboards are are the same just Platinum has some extras like firewire etc. But anyway I had the same results using the Phenom II X6 965 CPU.

Comment

What tRFC and tRC (prob want 195 and 26-30. Base timings at 5-5-5-15? CR at 2N? DRAM Voltage at least 1.8, may need 1.85 and may need to raise CPU/NB voltage (mentioned above

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your response!
          The product says 5-5-5-15-48-2N at EPP 1066MHz
          MSI tild me that they do not have these memory modules thus they cannot gain information and create a new Bios. I wonder if you as G.Skill can contact them and give them the information needed for the memory model I wrote before.
          Moreover I have two options concerning NB, 1.CPU-NB Voltage and 2.CPU-NB VDD Voltage but I do not know which one to deal with.
          To tell the truth even at 800MHz 8GB your product rocks! Really you are doing god jod.
          Really what is beter? 4GB 1066MHz or 8GB 800MHz?
          And if finally not acheive to have 8GB at 1066MHz can I lower timings with safety such as 4-4-4-12-21?

PS Honestly I see that you are inerested and support your products and this is the total point that will make me and my friend to purchase your products in the future.

Comment

I'll have GSkill take a look and see if they can get in contact. Try the sticks at 800 4-4-4-12, that would be very close to 1066/CL5 native. At 1066 Try raising the straight CPU/NB and pss the CPU/NB-VDD about half what you raise the straight.

Tman

Comment

I will give you pics from my Bios to see what settings are available and "how" the Memory-Z fuction "sees" the modules. The settings inside the red box are shown to the previous pic also. I would like to tell me exactly what to do for 8GB 1066MHz and for 8GB 800MHz 4-4-4-12 (eg what tRC to use).

Moreover what do you think, 4GB 1066MHz or 8GB 800MHz are better?

If you contact MSI please let me know about their actions and will to help.
              I hope pics 5 and 6 will help you if you contact them to tell them what is wrong or right.

Thank you once again for your support.

Last edited by el_arantis; 01-08-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

DDR2-900 4-4-4-12 2.0V

This will probably be the best without stressing the memory controller too much.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your support!

I suppose 1066MHz at 8GB cannot be the case, so by watching the pics can you tell me the exact CL settings to use for 8GB 800MHz 4-4-4-12?

Thank you in advance.
                  Best regards.

Comment

First four, tCL , tRCD , tRP , tRAS 12

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Can you tell me what number to choose at tRC?

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

If I put tRC lower than 24 and have no problems with memtest86
                          will this lower setting give me better performance or not?
                          I tried 4-4-4-12-20 and had no problem.
                          Is it good to leave it that way or return to 4-4-4-12-24?

Comment

Test with a benchmark test to see which is better.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes I see, but what is better?
                              Can we say the lower the better or not?
                              I suppose I have to forget 8GB at 1066MHz or not?
                              Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X