Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for GSkill Admin

Hello!

Does GSkill make an 8GB, 4 DIMM, DDR2, 1066MHZ kit that runs at or under 1.9V?

I find your searches on your website very difficult to use and they do not always bring up all of the available products.

Can you provide a link to the product, if you do have it?

Thanks!

Raelf
    ~Raelf~

Dell XPS 720 H2C
    Intel Core2 Extreme processor QX6850
    (3.00GHz Factory OC to 3.67 GHz)
    8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC8800 @ 800MHz
    Dual 1GB NVIDIA GTX285's by EVGA
    WD Raptor 160GB 10K SATA Drive w/16MB Cache
    Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7.2K SATA Drive w/16MB Cache
    Creative X-Fi PCI Sound Card
    Dell Ultrasharp 2408 24" Widescreen Monitor
    Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Believe they have 8GB in both 800 and 1100, have heard 1066 is in the pipes, but don't think they have released it yet. Maybe GSkill can confirm one way or the other, but it will prob be Monday AM at the earliest.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, Tradesman.

I'll look for a response. The PC8800 doesn't like to run at 1066, though it isn't awful... I'm using it at 800 just fine.

thanks again!
      ~Raelf~

Dell XPS 720 H2C

Comment

Should be able to run at 1100, so 1066 seems feasible. Shouldn't have to drop all the way to 800. Normally 1100 is just high quality 1066 that overclocks well, so it gets packaged at 1100.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here is a link to our G.Skill 8GB memory packages: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...4%20x%202GB%29

These are all 1.8v-1.9v memory modules. We do not have a DDR2 1066 kit, but we do have DDR2 800 and 1100. The DDR2 1100 PC8800 should be able to operate at over 1066 without problems. Many use this kit to overclock and have had great success. If you are looking for a low voltage DDR2 1066 memory package, I would recommend the G.Skill F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I know of 6 other builders that have played with the 8800 but haven't been able to get it stable at even 1100 without kicking up the the voltage to at least 2.0 and hit the specified timings. 1066 can be achieved though even then it normally took a little over 1.9 unless the timings were relaxed.

What timings and settings are using with your 8800/8GB? You may have to boost voltage over 1.9, if it allows you'll also prob have to kick up tRFC fairly high (which I'm not sure the Dell board allows). Also prob have to set everything manually and individually.

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Raelf View Post
              I'll look for a response. The PC8800 doesn't like to run at 1066, though it isn't awful... I'm using it at 800 just fine.

thanks again!
              would you like to provide us your platform?
              our F2-8800CLQ-8GBPI should be able to run at DDR2 1066 at 1.8v without problem
              with some motherboards, it might be necessary to increase FSB or nb voltage to make 4 dimms more stable
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Raelf,
                Found a builder who upgraded a mobo like your w/ OCZ 1066 8GB, he's suppose to pull up the settings tonight or early tomorrow (hopefully) and send them to me, I should be around mid afternoon Wed (Pacific Time) or early evening, will post them to you soonest.

GSkill,
                believe his platform is listed above (have pasted it below)

Dell XPS 720 H2C

Tman

Comment

Heya Tradesman...

I am still having trouble running @ 1066 using the PC 8800... lots of errors. Whether i had a stick go bad or what, I am not sure.

I had a lot of issues (including changing a mobo on this beast) with this Dell running at 1066 on an Nvidia 680i mobo. I would be willing to spring for a native 1.8-9 v 1066MHz 8G set, if it will run true at 1066. So far, I can only find stability at 800MHz. >sigh<

Let me know what the builder found... and my apologies for the delay, I've been travelling for work and it's just a little bananas here

Thanks!
                  ~Raelf~

Dell XPS 720 H2C

Comment

This is impossible.

G.Skill why do you provide an hoax answers? There is no way in this world you will run 4x2GB 8GBs under 1.9v you have not made memory capable of this. You wouldn't get 4x2GB even with 2.2Volts functional correctly.
                    Last edited by genetix; 07-11-2009, 12:36 PM.
                    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

He ran the OCZ Platinum (2x2) x2, had it at 6-6-6-18, w/ 2.2V, stock calls for 5-5-5-18 at 2.1 or 2.2.

Tman

Comment

With the Dell XPS 720 H2C, it won't want to run 1066 with 8GB @1.8-9V. It will with 4GB, but pretty much no way with 8GB. I'm not sure if I missed it or what, but I was unaware that you were trying to run 8GB @ 1066 @1.8-9V for the Dell.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

(remind, these specifications are to 8GB 4x2GB on board)
                          The OCZ is a bit different memory.

and you can run 6-6-6-18 at 2.2v easily(please, check voltages on OS not on BIOS). Actually, these G.Skill's go even beyond this. It will work on timings CL6-6-5-12 on BIOS with 2.0v clean (Actual 1.192v on OS) and it'll still have room for secondary Latency tweaking to gain around 800MB/s on speed. However, to get to 1066Mhz on CL5-5-5-15 on spec is pretty damn impossible on even very high voltages.

the CL5 simply won't cut it with 8GB on board, but CL6 again cuts up to 1180Mhz(with minor tweaks on higher than 1100Mhz).

hope this helps..
                          "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                          http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Genetix,
                            Thanx for the input, I'll pass it to my guy, he used to work for me while attending college and now has a nice consultancy/building business in Phoenix.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X