F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B Cant get to full speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B Cant get to full speed

I have just received a pair of 2GB modules to top off my memory in my mobo which is a p6n sli platinum (msi-7350) . I cant get these modules to their advertised speed of 1066 mghz. I have another identical pair that i purchased about 2 years ago and they will run at 1066 mghz easily. So far the highest I cant get them to and still boot is about 955 mghz. Is this as high as i can get them or do I have a bad pair?? My cpu is a intel q 6600 quad core . Any help would be appreciated.

May want to run memtest on each stick individually to ensure both are good, and let us know, when you do, if you can post your BIOS settings we can take a look and see if anything looks off

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ran memtest all looks fine as far as my bios, i am overclocking my processor right now from 2.4 ghz to 2.7 ghz, but that didnt seem to matter to the original pair i have. I have overclocked them to 1.1 ghz without a glitch. I just dont know if it is my mobo limitation or it just cant take it

Comment

Post some BIOS pictures, especially advanced timings, and we can see what's going on.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X