F2-5400PHU2-2GBNT AND Gigabyte 965P DS3 Rev1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-5400PHU2-2GBNT AND Gigabyte 965P DS3 Rev1

The MB has a Intel Core 2, 6600 2.4ghz. Running Win 7 64bit. BIOS is updated to the last release, 11. Ram timing is stock at 5-5-5-15.

For months was getting the BSOD. Sometimes every couple of minutes. Tester PS, okay. Ran Memtest86+, passed. Even crashed with just Windows load, nothing else. Finally unplugged one of the two memory sticks and have not crashed since. About a week.

System is real slow, so I need to increase to at least 2G of memory. Is there some answer for this?

Thanks for the help.
    Cliff

The latest BIOS appears to be F14, which can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=2314#bios

I'd try that first, then if it doesn't help, could try raising the NB voltage about .04 and/or raise the DRAM voltage .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman. Actually, the BIOS rev is 13 not 11, but I will update to 14. (I thought I checked that when updating drivers, but must have missed it.)

I assume you mean raise the MB and not NB voltage. In BIOS my System Voltage Control is set to Manual and is optimized by BIOS. Other choices are: PCI-E OverVoltage Control, FSB OverVoltage Control, (G)MCH OverVoltage Control and CPU Voltage Control. Since BIOS controls the System Voltage, would you change and others?

I intend to up the DDR2 OverVoltage Control some. I see I can take it up in stages of +.1v. CMOS setup blinks at +.5v so I assume that enters the critical areana.

Will come back when this have been accomplished with my report card.

Cliff

Comment

Believe ther should be a setting for NB (North Bridge chipset) voltage - though they may be calling it the
        MCH OverVoltage Control - the NortBridge is the chipset containing the MC (Memory Controller)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X