• Show
Clear All

• F2 8500 CL5D 4GBK and Asus M4A79 Deluxe

Current configuration:
    Asus M4A79 Deluxe
    Phenom II 720
    8GB (4 sticks) F2 8500 CL5D 4GBK ram
    Windows Vista 64

I recently updated the bios to 3702 in anticipation of upgrading to a 1090T CPU in a few weeks. As it has been over 2 years, I now cannot recall the settings used for the 720. It took a long time to get it right running at 1066, or even 800 IIRC. It would be greatly appreciated to get a detailed list of the settings as a start point. The mobo is not listed in the bios configuration section.

It will run at 1067 in the bios set manually and the CPU set on Auto, but the Dram voltage is at 2.2v per the Asus Turbo, which I'm pretty sure wasn't right. Basically, I'm starting from scratch again.

Also, will the settings differ much with the 1090T CPU?

Thanks.

No, you should be able to use the same settings.

You may need to tweak voltages such as CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize the memory controller.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, but I need to know what settings to use. The M4A79 Deluxe is not listed in the bios configuration section.

Comment

The M4A79 Deluxe is another AMD mobo that limits 1066 sticks to 1 DIMM per channel, so best bet may be to try running at 1000 or slower, with tighter timings, CR at 2N, and slightly higher than spec DRAM and CPU/NB voltages (a CPU OC would help also)......can see specs at:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...specifications

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The settings for the memory are on the memory, you need to apply that to your specific motherboard. The memory settings are always the same, but you just need to input them as they apply to your specific BIOS. Taking a look at the motherboard user's manual can give you a better idea of the possible options.

Try DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            The settings for the memory are on the memory, you need to apply that to your specific motherboard. The memory settings are always the same, but you just need to input them as they apply to your specific BIOS. Taking a look at the motherboard user's manual can give you a better idea of the possible options.

Try DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Yes, that is exactly what I tried and it works.

I also upped the NB to 1.3-1.4 as it seems I recall reading when running 4 sticks the NB needs to running at a higher V. Is that correct? Prime95 no errors. Previously it was running at 1066, but as I didn't save the settings I don't care to spend the time to figuring it out. Things are running smooth, so will leave it well alone.

A side plus is I can now unlock the cpu 4th core and remain stable at 3100.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X