Bios 1901
    E8400 multiplier set to 7
    Enermax 500 watt PSU
    Video Card: Nvidia 8500 GT 512

FSB 2138

2.375 V

1 80 mm fan blowing directly on ram for cooling

Running this ram in slot 1 and slot 3.

I need to know if anyone has tried different setting with this ram as I was told running 1:! is hard on this ram, is this true?

Have read Tom's hardware on this ram but they tested it on a different MB.

Tradesman, you have any ideas for settings?

Stock calls for 5-5-5-15, but you can normally play with them a little, running 1:1 at a reasonable FSB shouldn't be a problem, though it might if you add more RAM. What timings do you have the sticks at? Am assuming you have command rate at 2T..yes/no? what tRFC setting are you at?

Didn't you post a couple months back? You sound familiar

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman

I did try

CPU Frequency 533
      Dram Frequency DDR2 1066

Cas Latency 5
      Ras to Cas delay 5
      Ras activate to precharge 15
      Write recovery time 6
      TRFC 42
      TRRD 4
      Rank Write to Read delay 11
      Read to precharge delay 8
      Write to precharge delay 13

but the bios only show PC5300

The following shows PC8000
      This is the current setup that seems to work the best.

CPU Frequency 355
      Dram Frequency DDR2 1066

Cas Latency 5
      Ras to Cas delay 5
      Ras activate to precharge 15
      Write recovery time 6
      TRFC 42
      TRRD 4
      Rank Write to Read delay 11
      Read to precharge delay 8
      Write to precharge delay 13

Yes I did a previous post about 2GBPK and this ram is way better as I notice the computer is way more responsive with this ram. Going to try to order another set. I had to wait about two weeks for RMA but no questions asked.

Thinking of getting a Maximus II Gene once they arrive, looks like an awesome board but will lokk even smaller if I put it in my Coolermaster Stacker!!

Comment

The second setup looks like it would be more stable. If having stability issues, might kick up the tRFC to around 53-54.

The Gene is a micro ATX, isn't it (P45?), have to check, any reason not using a full size with the stacker?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have another Stacker 810 sitting empty so I was just trying to figure out what to do with it. Already have a P5Q as an internet machine with E6600 and some generic DDR2 800. Seems like it would really fly with a better CPU and some ram, that is why the interest in MAximus II Gene, not even here yet according to my suppliers, they have already run out of Rampage Gene.

I am very familar with the Asus MBs and I do not want to go to 1366 yet as there is nothing wrong with 775 as far as I can see.

Had the E8400 up to 4.25 but not stable, anything above 3.60 is not stable and I need stability as this is my workstation that I use for work.

Any ideas of a new top end 775 board?

Thanks

tRFC to around 53-54

max is 42

Comment

Have always liked ASUS, but here recently for higher end 775 systems I've been using using a fair number of the Gigabyte boards (primarily the various UD series lines). Also, just picked up a P45TS-R by ASRock that runs the FSB up to 2000, had hoped to put it together this weekend but have had a few calls and been working just about the whole weekend. The mobo looks like it has a lot of potential, initially I'm planning to pair it with a Q9650, Freezer Pro, 8GB RAM, a pair of 64GB SSDs (1 Vista 64 Ultimate the other Win7 64 Ultimate), a pair 1TB drives as data drives, BFG 285, pair of burners, and a ANTEC Sig 850.

Tman

Comment

Tradesman

I could not find a Maximus Gene II so I went for a P5Q instead. This is an excellent board as I am only using it for the internet until I get my old P5BE back from the repair shop. I put a E6600 in it with some old DDR2-800 ram two 1024 srticks and two 512 sticks and it booted up right away except that CPUZ says I have DDR3???? I just took a old Coolermaster Aero Jet cooler for a p478 and took off the stock intel fan and replaced it with that aero-jet as the rooom is not air caon and I run my machine 24/7/365 as I use it mainly for a bit torrent work program called Vuze. Any ideas is what ram I should use with this setup? I also plan to use this machine for some photoshop work as well.

Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

Lots of possibilities across the board with the P5Q line (excellent boards), do you have the base P5Q or one of the variants (i.e. P5Q SE, P5Q Turbo, Premium,, Deluxe, EM, etc (think they have 11 or more flavors), I've built on at least 5 of the variants.

Would gues CPU-Z is just confused - could try a different version of it, but with mixed RAM (sizes/speeds) it can get wacky.

Next things would be, what OS do you plan to run (XP, Vista, Win7) and it's flavor (32 or 64bit) and do you have a price ceiling in mind?

You can do a lot with any the the P5Qs and the E6600 is an excellent OCer. If you have the stock P5Q it will take up to 1200 (I believe, have to check specs, the different P5 s range from 800 to 1200, that I've worked with) and your 6600 should easily run at 3GHz with it's stock cooler, up to 3.6 or better w/ aftermarket like Zalmon (95/9700s are good with the 6600 or a Freezer Pro).

Once I get the info we throw around the possibilities and pricings - PS will be in and out of the forums tonight, but prob not in again till later in the evening Fri, (have to oversee some major upgrades at my largest site (over 1000 users) so prob won't be around from appr 5AM till about 6PM..if all goes well..LOL..it never does, always a glitch or two somewhere

Tman

Tman

Comment

It is a P5Q. I have put it in the case and it has been running fine with XP Professional SP2. I had some Corsair DDR2-800 ram, 2-1024 and 2-523. It was crashing lots with many BSOD. So I said why not try the G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK set of ram that I had just sitting in the box. So I opened up the case and changed the ram. Found out that this ram was TOASTY hot. Time to put a fan over top the ram slots blowing down on a fan control. That being done I put the G SKill ram and set the ram to 2.08v and the settings to 5-5-5-15, everything else set to auto.

CPUZ says

core speed = 3186.1 MHz
                  multiplier = 9
                  Bus speed = 354
                  Rated FSB = 1416

DRAM freq = 531.0
                  FSBRAM = 2:3
                  CF 2T

This set up is way more responsive that the setup listed above. GSKILL says:

Model
                  Abit IP35, IP35-E, IP35-PRO
                  Abit IX38
                  Asus P5K Deluxe
                  Asus Maximus Formula
                  Asus Striker II Formula
                  Asus P5B Deluxe
                  Asus Commando
                  Asus P5B-E
                  Asus Rampage Formula
                  eVGA 780i-SLI
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3, EP35-DS3
                  Gigabyte X38-DS4, X38-DQ6, EX38-DQ6
                  Gigabyte X48-DQ6
                  Chipset
                  Intel P35
                  Intel X38
                  Intel P35
                  Intel X38
                  nVidia 780i
                  Intel P965
                  Intel P965
                  Intel P965
                  Intel X48
                  nVidia 780i
                  Intel P35
                  Intel X38
                  Intel X48

So far it has been running all day quite fine with no crashes. I am going to leave it on24/7 as this system is my bit torrent downloader and see how it functions.

Comment

Sounds good, if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you do run into problems, drop a post and and I can offer some suggestions, as I said there are numerous good soutions for this particular mobo.

Tman

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X