Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK unstable at 1066 on GA-MA790X-UD4P

Hello,
    I am having a really hard time getting 4gb of F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK stable at 1066 on my GA-MA790X-UD4P. It works fine at 800 at 5-5-5-15, but when I set it to 1066 at 5-5-5-15 with tRC 42 (highest it will go on my board) and Command Rate 2T, I get multiple memtest86+ errors (specifically on test 5) and the system locks up when stress testing. The only way to get it stable at 1066 was to set it to 7-7-7-20. The vdimm is also set at 2.1. I've tried rotating the sticks onto the other set of dimms and I still get the same problems. Are there any specific timings I should try to get it to be stable at 5-5-5-15 @ 1066?

System:
    Motherboard: GA-MA790X-UD4P (bios F5a)
    Memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE

First, set the performance enhance setting to "Standard". Then try everything with AUTO settings and see what it gives you. If that doesn't help, try 5-7-7-20 since it is a common timing settings for this combination. Let me know if that works for you.

Comment

Well my motherboard doesn't have an option to set performance enhance to "standard," but I assume that its the same as setting EPP to auto. When setting EPP to auto and keeping all the timings on auto and voltage at 2.1, I still got 10 errors in the first pass of test 5 on memtest86+.

Then I tried changing the timings to 5-7-7-20 as per your suggestion, keeping the rest on auto, it also produced 10 errors in the first pass of test 5.

So yeah, so far no luck. Any more suggestions?

Comment

Hi all,
        I have exactly the same Motherboard and memory stick and i have the same stability problem (BSOD)

In the bios, everything is on NORMAL (at the beginning, the voltage was 2.118, now it is about 1.92)

If you help him, it will help me too i hope

Comment

Try increasing the NB voltage to stabilize the board. Hopefully we can take out 2 birds with one stone. =)

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Are you suggesting increasing the Northbridge Voltage or the CPU-NB voltage?

Comment

and could you describe the procedure please ?

And could you explain me the procedure to change memory to 800 (from 1066) because if it is stable it will be better until i (we) find the solution.

I WANT TO PLAY L4D and Company of Heroes without BSOD ;-)
              Last edited by Chak; 06-12-2009, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Northbridge voltage.

Enter into your CMOS/BIOS and enter the Advanced tab. There you will find all the settings you need to configure your memory. Memory frequency, voltage, timings, you need to configure each one of these settings for your memory package.

tCL5-tRCD5-tRP5-tRAS15 CMD 2T

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Where is your tRFC at, should be 54-60 or so. Sticks should be in slots 1-3

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Was this ever resolved? I want to purchase the exact same motherboard and ram.

Comment

Probably, there should be no real issue on this memory.

Anyway, @Techronin you can as well dump what's up on screen goes easier when specs are on there to solve, if something.
                      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

There is no issue with this motherboard and memory package combination. Most of the time it is simply a BIOS configuration issue. If you need help configuring your BIOS, feel free to contact our support department and they will be able to assist you.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by techronin View Post
                          Was this ever resolved? I want to purchase the exact same motherboard and ram.
                          Hi, sorry for the answering time.

I don't know if it is resolved because my PC is still in the shop where i bought it for testing and repair (problem not yet solved but they changed motherboard, then CPU, then memory .... )

Maybe i will test it next week.

I'm glad to know there's not an incompatibility between these memories and that motherboard..

Maybe, i have no luck with a bad issue

When i'll know i'll post here

See you

Comment

Well, the fellows tRC is way too high. the 42t won't be even close booting up. tRC should be 31-32 at max, if even that on 2 sticks. (at 1066Mhz tRC: 57.50ns / 1.66ns = ~34-35t 'Full controller', 57.50ns / 1.85ns = ~31-32t '2 sticks in slots A1/B1 (separate controllers)').

to be stable again is a bit tricky as this board will need stability from memory controller. So, wonder what are the NorthBridge voltages. Also might wanna try memory somewhere around 2.20v and do voltage check what they really are in Windows with something like 'Everest' or 'HWMonitor'. BIOS is wrong OS is more correct. OS voltage of memory should be 2.100v minimum.
                            Last edited by genetix; 07-08-2009, 12:59 AM.
                            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

I changed Motherboard (ASUS NFORCE CHIPSET) and now everything is ok. The shop tried 3 Motherboard (AMD 790x), and always BSOD....

So IMO, there is a problem with this motherboard ...

Comment

Working...
                              X