Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 graphics with DDR2 mobo

Hi again to all.

May I use a DDR3 graphics card in a DDR2 ram motherboard?

Yes, no problem, the DRAM on the video card operates independently from system DRAM, it works strictly with the GPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman.

I supposed that, but was not clear due the mobo (Asrock ALiveNF6P-VSTA) is for DDR2 ram sticks (actually g.skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK installed and runing fine).

So I preferred to ask before buying the video card.

Any other related suggestion?

Comment

As far as other suggestion, not sure what you are asking for

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm a bit confused about PCIe, PCIe 2.0, PCIe 2.1....etc.

Comment

You have on-board graphics, if you go w/ a graphics card fot better on screen, best bet would be to look at PCI-E 2.0, reg PCI-E available but very limited and PCI-E 2.1 will work (it's backward compatible) but is overkill (capabilities and price for your mobo)

Tman

Comment

Yes, I?m using the onboard video but it takes 1/8 of total MBs from the gskill ram.

For this reason I will buy a video card, to improve the overall system (CPU is a Phenom X4).

Then, PCIe 2.0 would be the ideal one, but 2.1 will work too. I also think that I don?t need a costly high performance one due mobo limitations. A 2Gb. DDR3 is enough.......Besides, I don't play games with the PC.

Thanks Tman for the tip.

Comment

No problem, let us know how things go

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X