Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK & Gigabyte EP45-DS3L

Hi All,

I have 2 sets of the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK, sitting in a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L, but not playing nicely. Since I first bought the MoBo it has been unstable. I tested each of the 4 sticks individually with memtest, each passing, but when tested all together, there is a huge number of errors. Thinking it was an issue with the board, I recently purchased a P43-ES3G, only to have the same issue. When all 4 sticks are installed the board cannot even move past the post screen, dropping it down to two sticks, same issue. I have been able to test a 2GB pack of Corsair 800mhz ram, and it has worked without a problem. I have not overclocked at all either. The rig is powered by a Corsair 850w PSU.

I have been wrestling with the problems for months now, and I have to wonder is it the RAM, or is there a setting that I need to try to set (if I am able to access the BIOS).

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Nic

Do you have the latest BIOS, F11B? can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=2844#bios

Need to set timings to 5-5-5-15 CR to 2T, DRAM Voltage to 2.1....try that and check your NB voltage and let us know what it's at, may have to be raised for the 4 sticks....There may be a problem between the mobo and the sticks as they advertise the mobo as using 1.8 DIMM sockets....should work, but they may have a limit on the voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

In addition to the basic memory settings for this kit, you also need to raise MCH Core Voltage (NB) to stabilize full slots. Without all these changes, the memory will be unstable. If you want to avoid boosting voltages, you can operate them at DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V.

This is a high performance kit compared to the Corsair, so it is a little more work to set up full slots.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X