No announcement yet.

Computer freezing after start up F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or would you like to check if your CPU cooler was installed properly?
    or you may try to put a fan on the northbridge to make the temp down
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Overheating?

I thought I had said I wasn't overheating? I flashed my bios from revision 0506 to 2102 tonight. I've been running stable for over 5 hours now on 4gb of 1066mhz. I will install the 8gb of 800mhz tomorrow and see if it runs stable. It is definitely not an overheating issue. As you may recall the system ran stable for over 6 months.

Comment

Temps

CPU 29C
        MB 30C
        CPU Fan set to 2109rpm
        CPU +12V: 11.82V
        CPU +5V: 5.02V
        CPU +3.3V: 3.33V

I use PC probe to monitor temps. The highest temp I get on the CPU is 42C during 3DMark Vantage bench mark testing. The system runs cool.

I had a freeze up with the 1066 today. I changed a couple setting in the BIOS and have been running stable again. I wish you guys knew what BIOS was so I could get some real help. I'll be returning the Ram and going the OCZ route I think. They have a knowledgeable group of people to help out over there. They have heard of BIOS before too so that is a real plus for me. They read my threads before answering, which is also nice, because they don't ask you to try something you tried 2 weeks ago. They also don't give up on you like GSkill does.

Comment

sorry for making you misunderstanding..
          the temp I mean is the northbridge, not CPU

as for your 2 sets of F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ, we could replace you with F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ, which is tested with 4 sticks together
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
          X