No announcement yet.

I need more RAM! But its not available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need more RAM! But its not available!

So about a year ago i bought a set of these,

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1200 (PC2 9600) Desktop Memory Model F2-9600CL6D-4GBRH

They run great im using them in my Overclocked E8400 C2D machine now. running the ram at 1160MHZ with the CPU @ 3.92GHZ. STABLE!!!!

However i upgraded to WIN7 64bit and decided I need more ram, Just one PROBLEM. these sticks are no longer available anywhere!

Which I do not believe is fair. Anyway because I figured dealing directly with gskill might not get me anywhere i went ahead and bought these.

1 x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

But even underclocking all the ram to 1044 and I cannot get these four sticks to place nice together. However I really did not want to mix and match just hoped it would work. Now I will be sending these back to Newegg RMA at a 15% restocking fee!

So please tell me there is a way I can get 2 more sticks of my original ram purchase!

Did you raise NB Voltage? The memory controller may be unstable. I would suggest exchanging the RH for a PK kit, that way you can match 4 modules.

The RH is out of stock, DDR2 performance chips are very rare now.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Did you raise NB Voltage? The memory controller may be unstable. I would suggest exchanging the RH for a PK kit, that way you can match 4 modules.

The RH is out of stock, DDR2 performance chips are very rare now.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      So is there a way I can exchange the RH kit I bought 13 months ago? Through you guys? for a PK kit?

Also my P45 NB voltage is at 1.400 now. I had it at 1.440 when I was trying to get all four sticks to work.
      CPU VID 1.35
      Ram 2.0-2.1
      Last edited by R0B0T; 06-18-2011, 08:30 AM. Reason: Added information.

Comment

It looks like they'll do an exchange, but they won't be back around till Monday to confirm, etc....in the meantime might try at same voltages with the PKs in slots 1-3, the RHs in 2-4 at 5-5-5-15 @1066 if no go try same at 1000.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          It looks like they'll do an exchange, but they won't be back around till Monday to confirm, etc....in the meantime might try at same voltages with the PKs in slots 1-3, the RHs in 2-4 at 5-5-5-15 @1066 if no go try same at 1000.
          Thanks for the reply Tradesman, I tried the PKs by themselves and took my OC off ran my e8400 at stock 3.0Ghz and let the ram run auto at 1066 with the spec 2.1 volts kept my NB at 1.440 volts and i tried memtesting the PKs and got errors, I am beginning to think they just may be a bad pair, or maybe they do not like my EP45 UD3R Gigabyte board. I think I will just send these back and maybe try buying ram at Frys and taking it back untill i find something that works.

When I test my RHs with my OC on my e8400 at 3.92 ghz Memtest runs flawlessly with no errors. ran it twice to be sure. What do you think tradesman?

Comment

For just 2 sticks, your NB should prob be about 1.2, the 1.4 may have contributed to the errors. On this pair, the sticks are compatible, I've run them on my UD3R (do you have the latest BIOS?)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              For just 2 sticks, your NB should prob be about 1.2, the 1.4 may have contributed to the errors. On this pair, the sticks are compatible, I've run them on my UD3R (do you have the latest BIOS?)
              While I agree its a possibility the over-volt could contribute to errors, my RH's test perfectly and I have primed with my RHs over 8 hours without errors. PC never crashes never blue screens.(unless i use the PKs) But when i have time ill try turning the voltage down and try testing again.

Comment

Working...
              X