X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR2 Compatibility ??

Hi,

i want to update my motherboard with 8Go ( 4 x 2Go) of DDR2:
    (this Kit : http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=190 )

My motherboard is : Gigabyte P35DS4 Rev.2.0

it's ok ?

regards

Should work fine, basically plug and play. Check and make sure you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks very much. because i read that the P35 chipset don't like to have 4 slots of memory full on motherboard ( have some bug and problems )

Comment

Want to check and make sure you have the latest BIOS, then if any problem can generally raise NB voltage a tad say .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks...
          hey, i wan your opinion about strange things on my comp:

actually, i have Gigabyte P35DS4 motherboard (latest bios F14), and 4Go of DDR2 800Mhz Hinyx ( 2x2Go) ( 6-6-6-18).

i tried before, to OC my CPU slowly (Q9450)... or put "TURBO" on my motherboard, instead of "Standard"... my computer was unable to boot...with the message :

"The file may be corrupt, The file header checksum does not match the computed checkum"...

or sometimes the message "BootMGR image is corrupt, the system cannot boot".

these messages are about DDR2 RAM problems, right ?

BUT, with only ONE DDR2 memory, the computer boot, without problem.

i test my RAM with memtest, seems good ( i wait only until 70% of the test ).

when i return to "standard" in the BIOS, all working fine, even with 2x2Go...

so my conclusion is: my Hinyx RAM is really bad...only work in standard way.....right ?

i bought GSKILL DDR2 to try to overclock ( little bit only ) my comp.
          what is the limit with the GSkill i bought ??

Thanks,
          regards,

Comment

Do you have your 9450 at stock 1333 FSB? Am assuming so, so w/ latest BIOS, go into BIOS and try setting FSB to say 366/1464 or 400/1600, that will OC you to either 2.92 GHz or 3.2 GHz respectively (w/ your multiplier left at 8), next raise your vCore voltage 1.32 (which may end up being high, but can be lowered in small increments later if needed. next you can leave it at standard (if it boots okay and is stable can always try turbo later for a little extra boost. Next would be to go ahead and try booting. If any problem, let me know, if it boots okay and is stable, download a utility like CoreTemp and fire it up to just sort of keep and eye on your CPU temps for a few days, if it gets too how might want to reapply new thermal compound and/or look for a new Heatsink if the stock (if that's what you have) HS isn't working well enough, should be okay (stock) up to at least the 2.9 but may get warm at 3.2

Tman

Comment

my Q9450 is : 333Mhz (FSB) x 8.

the problem is : even with only a 343Mhz FSb, i have this message :

"The file may be corrupt, The file header checksum does not match the computed checkum"...

Comment

Sounds like a corrupt Windows, try this:

Boot in Safe Mode to run disk check utility.

Start the computer and press F8 to choose Safe Mode.
                Open a command prompt to run command chkdsk /f.
                Type Y and restart the computer.

Tman

Comment

Hi,

i just receive and put my memory module on my gigabyte P35DS4 : it dont work

i can only put 3 modules ! if i put 4 module, my computer always reboot, reboot, reboot with black screen ( no sound )

what happen ?

Comment

EDIT :

2 Gksill + 2Hynix = OK - work

3 Gskill + 1Hynix = OK - work

4 Gskill = infinited reboot loop...

i try to put more voltage for DDR2 module : 2volts, instead of 1,8Volts : no change...
                    i try lower timing ( 6-6-6-15, instead of 5-5-5-15 ) : no change.

Comment

Try raising NB Voltage. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

yes, i have the latest one ( F14 ).

what's NB Voltage ?
                        i try to raise up voltage for DDR2 Modules ( 1,8V ---> little bit more than 2V ), without success

Comment

Should be a voltage setting near the vCore or CPU voltage setting for NB or North Bridge

Tman

Comment

thanks for all your need.

I find the problem !

- one of my memory module is out of order

- 3 GSKill modules work good, but if i put the last one, nothing work.
                            so , i find and isolated the module who dont work... and i try it on other computer.... and it don't boot ! black screen.

- Now, my question is : can i send you the wrong module only ?

( if i send all, i have no memory anymore to power on my comp )

thanks so much,

Regards,

Comment

Yes, you can send in the bad module only.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X