Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running at 800 when I should be @ 1066 -- help Tradesman! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running at 800 when I should be @ 1066 -- help Tradesman! :)

I've read all the relevant posts, here are my specs:

- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK
    - JetWay JXBLUE-N78V AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8100 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    - AMD Kuda 7750 Dual Core AM2+ CPU

The mobo supports 1066 with an AM2+ CPU. It's got an Award BIOS with an "Overclock" setting, which is on "Auto", which picks 800mhz. When I set it to 1066 and reboot, it won't post and I had to reset CMOS. There's also a separate screen that allows timing adjustments, which are NOT at the 5-5-5-15 that this memory advertises. It's set to Auto-9-9-15, with VDIMM voltage at 1.84V.

I've set it to 5-5-5-15, no post. Set it to 5-5-5-15 with 2.1 voltage, no post. Set it to 5-5-5-15 with 2.1 voltage and 1066 "overclock" speed on the other screen, no post. Growing weary of pulling out the power and using jumpers to reset the CMOS...

HEEEEEEEELP

it might be compatible issue. you can test the following.
    test each memory stick at DDR2 1066, and set the voltage at 2.1v. leave all the timing on auto
    if both of them doesn't post, please change back to DDR2 800 with 1.9v. leave all timing on auto
    let us know if you have any result. if you can post the screen shot of your bios that will be great.

Comment

Haven't ever worked with a Jetway before, but checking the specs I didn't see where there have been any BIOS updates (unusual in itself), so I would guess you may want to enter all the timings manually, set the overclock setting from auto to manual if possible, command rate to 2T, voltage to 1.9. If it doesn't work you may want to try with relaxed timings of 6-6-6-18, 2T, 2.0 volts.

I'd also like to see your BIOS screenshots, in the meantime I'll drop a MM to some of the other builders/consultants I network with and see if any have worked with the Jetway boards. I'll be in and out tonight till prob about 12 PST, then prob not back till Wed evening, out of town early thirty in the AM till late afternoon.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 05-05-2009, 08:54 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Screenshots

Comment

Auto Configuration Manual
          CAS latency 5
          Min RAS# 15
          Row precharge 5
          RAS# to CAS# 5
          DRAM Command rate 2T
          Memory Hole Remapping DISABLED
          VDIMM Voltage 2.0

Also take a look at your options under DRAM CLOCK AT NEXT BOOT IS (See options for what appears appropriate, I'm not sure of what's available)

May also have to kick NB voltage to 1.15 or 1.2

We might also have to enable DDRII TIMING ITEM to let us adjust tRFC and tWTR command delay (but I don't think so)

See how this goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

could you provide the serial number on the stickers?
            there seemed some SPD problem with older version of F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK
            so, if there is still problem to run single stick at DDR2 1066, please send back top us for RMA
            it might be SPD issue
            thanks

G.S

Comment

could you provide the serial number on the stickers?
              there seemed some SPD problem with older version of F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK
              so, if there is still problem to run single stick at DDR2 1066, please send back top us for RMA
              it might be SPD issue
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
              X