Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on GA-MA770-UD3 Runs at 800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I did, and including the drafts for the standards, it was almost two years ago, which is why I knew that YES there is a JEDEC STANDARD for 1066. I simply posted it for your info since you stated
    incorrectly that "JEDEC standard is only up to DDR2 800"

As far as the timing specs not being 5-5-5-15, there is nothing that ever locked those timing to anything other than the standards for previous speeds of RAM (though they did look at it, and eventually decided it wasn't technically feasible at the time as a Standard). It's sort of like saying that all RAM will use these setting forever. As technical progress continues to advance there will be changes to the established norms. When 1066 first began hitting the market it was a drastic jump and required a slightly different approach than the old, much the same as with DDR3.... were you expecting these to have set specs of 5-5-5-15?

I apologize if at times I get rather short with some of the info provided by the Administrators here, but all to often rather than try and solve problems, it appears as if GSkill just prefers to provide excuses based on generalizations (i.e. your continued claim that the 680i memory controller is weak and even though I have explained this to you numerous times, you don't respond to me with any argument to justify what you say as opposed to the facts I present), and misinformation (i.e. again above where you told Rick that the JEDEC STANDARDS only go to 800...or...in your FAQ page, you talk about these forums and Moderators where it is stated:

"Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other actions. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating."

I have approached GSkill a few times about aquiring this Moderator Status, and basically have been shunned, yet I am one of the few "Senior Members' of the forums, I provide more support in all the forums (except of course the RMA Services forums) to users than Gskill does, I have a high success rate (even though I don't have a lab, tons of mobos, CPUs, and RAM available at my finger tips), and even have GSkill customers/potential customers asking for me directly (I hope for my honesty and the level of support I provide).

Based on your web sites advertising that they are always on the lookout for good people, I've even approached GSkill about a part time position providing support via the forums and/or e-mail (thought what the hey!, I'm doing it anyway, I enjoy helping people..why not get paid for what I'm doing) .....and despite my track record here was informed there are 'no openings', despite the fact that I seldom see GSkill people out here for more than a couple/three hours a day..if that)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X