ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram

Hey can anyone help me with this. I wanna replace my OCZ ram with Gskill ram. I have a Evga 780I MB . I have 4gigs off the SLI 1066 ram they make. What would be good to replace them with.

Are they bad? You just want to replace them or are you looking for a 8GB set (the max) or faster sticks (i.e. 1200) or what exactly are you looking to do?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i have the OCZ NVIDIA SLI Ready XTC OCZ2N800SR4GK 4x 1GB SLI-Ready ram. They run at 1066 but they are starting to act like they are getting slow or my system doesnt seem to be running as fast as it is. I was thinking of going from 4x1gigs to just 2x2 gigs or putting 8gigs in my computer. Just don't know if my MB will hold any faster ram than 1066.

Comment

For that motherboard, I would suggest to run some DDR2-800 CL4, and try to max out the frequency. ~DDR2-900 4-4-4-12 is very good.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

lol but im running 1066 in it right now at 1066

Comment

The mobo iitself is rated for 800, and was upgrades via BIOS to run 1066, so it's on the fringe if it could actually run 8GB of 1066. You could try 1066, 8GB at spec and if it didn't work, drop the sticks to 800 and tighten the timings, but there too, it would depend on finding an 8GB set of 1066 which is very scarce. Mixing two 2x2 sets would be even harder @ 1066 as sometimes two sets won't play well together. So, as GSkill suggested, best bet is probably a 4x4GB set of 800.

Another thought on the slowdown, a good cleanup or fresh install of Windows will do wonders for the speed, you probably have a lot of stuff in start up that is loading and taking some RAM, do a defrag, clean up temp files, remove unused programs, etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea, but 1GB modules and higher timings...

If you want, you can try the DDR2-1100 PI kit and see what results you can get with those.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by joneail View Post
              lol but im running 1066 in it right now at 1066

Comment

Working...
              X