Hi,

First of all, sorry for my English.

My setup is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R rev. 1.1 BIOS F12
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420
    PSU: CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus - 500 Watt
    RAM: G- Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK
    Os: Windows Vista home premium 64 SP2 & Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick

I bought the kit late on 2007, but one of the sticks didnt boot so the seller gave me a new stick. Therefore, each stick has different S/N.

I never got a stable system under the 1066 specs of the ram, lot of BSOD issues and booting troubles.
    The solution: set the rams to 800 mhz and let the system 24/7 with hibernate mode. No 100% reliable but workable.

Last month i got lot of trouble with BSOD so i tested the sticks. One passed the test but the older is bad.

Here the memtest86 screen for the badone

I think this is a RMA affair.

But my question is that i want to upgrade nearly to 4, 6 or 8 gb ram and the F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK are discountinued.

a) Can RMA replace both sticks for one of 2 gb or a kit of 2x1 but no the "BHK's" and the 2.4 volt spec.

I think that if RMA return a new set of BHKs,they would work but i will got a lot of issues trying to upgrade to 4 or 8 gbs. Because i never got a stable system with that sticks on my mobo and the discontinued thing.

Any Advice?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Being in Portugal, the best bet would be to e-mail rma@gskill.com (their worldwide RMA provider) and explain what has happened and what you are interested in doing and see what they say

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X