• Show
Clear All

• Problem with F2-8000CL5-2GBPQ

Good morning

Like the title says i have problems with my memory and windows 7 ultimate

My specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
    Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
    G-Skill F2-8000CL5-2GBPQ (2x2GB DDR2 1000Mhz, one died)
    Hitachi 500GB Deskstar 7K1000.C Sata II

The problem started almost a year after purchasing the memory kit
    At first there where random bsod's, and then one of the modules died....(the computer wouldn't even get to post), tried in other computer and the same result.
    I tried working with just one but it kept bsoding randomly between 1 and 5 minutes after starting windows, even when the pc was idle.

I formatted the disc and installed w7 again, it installed flawlessly but right after starting windows, bsod again and restarted, everytime...

Right now i'm on windows xp sp3, and for some reason i don't know, it works perfectly, why?
    Why can't i work normally on windows 7?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Are you running Ultimate 32 or 64 bit? If running 64 bit, problem could be the OS requires 2GB of DRAM and your mobo is automatically assigning a block of your DRAM to the GPU (your graphics card) so you don't have a full 2 GB. 32bit only requires 1 GB of DRAM but can still have problems with some chipsets at 2. May want to ensure you have the latest BIOS and try installing and immediately updating all drivers for your particular version of the OS.

Could also try upping the DRAM voltage by .05 or so.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well it is windows 7 ultimate 32bit version
      on my motherboard to up the ddr2 voltage there is only +0.1, +0.2 and +0.3
      i set it to +0.1

Comment

Let me know if that helps, I'll be on the boards of and on over the weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well, the problem persists.

Comment

If you could post your BIOS settings would help, or at a minimum what are your voltage settings for the DRAM, vCore and NB. Also what are the base timings and CR (Command Rate) for the DRAM?

Tman

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Also, try slots 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 to see if results differ.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X