• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mother board doesnt recognize 1066

gigabte mobo ga-ma790gp-ud4h
    amd phenom 2 x3 720
    8gig f2 8500cl5d ddr2-1066

My bios doesnt recognize it at 1066 only 800. I updated the bios and raised the voltage but didnt help. I can manualy set it to 1066 but the latency drops to 7-7-24. i am looking for the best performance. any ideas

Have you tried it with only 4GB at stock setting (may have to manually enter the timings), and then go to 8GB.

You may also have to adjust the VTT voltage (slightly higher) and tRFC settings (again possibly go a little higher) , possibly additional settings also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have running 1066 5-5-15 at 2.1 volts now and seems fine. Should i raise the nb voltage. Right now i am at 1.3 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by cklspyder View Post
        I have running 1066 5-5-15 at 2.1 volts now and seems fine. Should i raise the nb voltage. Right now i am at 1.3 volts.
        did it work fine with 4 sticks or only 2?
        you don't need to increase the voltage if they already work fine
        thanks

G.S

Comment

If that's with all 8GB then you should be good to go, if not, you're only at 4 then try the other 4. I've used this RAM in a couple of builds without problems. GBs UD series of mobos seem to be pretty sturdy and RAM friendly, especially the Intel sockets. AMD CPUs can be a bit finicky

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am running 4 sticks (8g) with no problem so far. I am also running amd overdrive to overclock. When i go in the memory i see latency 5-5-15 but it sets the trc to 32. Should i adjust this to 20

Comment

If it's running OK, I'd jot down all your current settings, then if you want to try OCing, you can but will know the settings required to run stable if you go to far and the BIOS resets to defaults.

Then, as you OC, keep track of the settings you use/try and what the results were.

Tman

Comment

I am running 4 sticks (8g) with no problem so far. I am also running amd overdrive to overclock. When i go in the memory i see latency 5-5-15 but it sets the trc to 32. Should i adjust this to 20
                20 is surely more tight than 32 but it may also make it unstable
                tRFC would not affect performance much but stability
                thanks

G.S

Comment

thanks for the info. i am running it at 25 and oc 1070 seems stable

Comment

Sounds like a winner, have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

thanks for the info. i am running it at 25 and oc 1070 seems stable
                      thanks for using our products

G.S

Comment

PS to GSkill
                        tRC (which Ckispyder mentioned, is normally tRAS + tRP), the tRFC you mentioned is a different timing

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                          PS to GSkill
                          tRC (which Ckispyder mentioned, is normally tRAS + tRP), the tRFC you mentioned is a different timing
                          thanks
                          I just saw it too fast

G.S

Comment

GS : No problem
                            Cklspyder : Have fun

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X