F2-8500CL5D w/ DFI LP JR P45-T2RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D w/ DFI LP JR P45-T2RS

ok i have 4 sticks of F2-8500CL5D that want to run at 1066 on my lan party jr p45 board from dfi (this ram is specifically recommended for this board on the dfi website) . The problem is, it doesnt... it runs at 800. i'm running an e8400 core 2

ive gone through the bios and set the timing, but im not sure if im doing it right (set the timing and the voltage and set it to read at 1066).
    i'd like to just have a set of instructiions to get this running right.
    Last edited by hypra; 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM.

To set your timings for the RAM, which is listed as compatible as you said, you need to get to the advanced area of the DFI BIOS, directions on how to enter the setup for RAM is in your manual starting around page 86, you can download the manual in PDF format here:

http://img.lanparty.tw/Upload/Manual/CM/JRP45T2RSe1.pdf

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i had to download the pdf, cuz i just looked at page 86 on my dfi manual, and it's the dutch section.

ok i've been through this, and ive set up the options that i knew, i'd either get failed startups... or it remaining at 800mhz

there has to be an option im overlooking,

does anyone have a specific walk thru of how they got their ram to work on this or a similar dfi board?

Comment

Comment

You show F2-8500CL5D, this comes in different flavors (i.e. 2x1GB, 2x2GB) I believe most call for 2.0 to 2.1 volts, looks like yours is about 1.9.

Also Might try ch1ch2 commonclock setting from auto to aggressive (I believe, that's how they term it)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

these arnt screenshots of my bios... these are just standard pictures from the manual (to give u guys an idea of what im lookin at easier)
            ive changed my timing to 5-5-5-15
            dram voltage to 2.1
            and set the target dram speed to 333/1066

cpu z is showing (as is my bootup screen) 800mhz speed (398x2 in cpu z which is about 800)

Comment

ive tried changing the voltage and timings, but cpuz and memset show its not changing

Comment

please install only two sticks (one pair) and try again
                thanks

G.S

Comment

still running at 800mhz

Comment

which bios version you are using?
                    Would you like to update to the latest bios?
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

i'm using latest bios, dated 2008-12-29 version J245DC29

also, ive noticed...even when i change my ram voltage, memset and cpuz show its not changing
                      Last edited by hypra; 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

double post. sorry.

Comment

we don't think memset or cpu-z would show memory voltage
                          you could use everest or dfi smart guardian to check with memory voltage

and please try to increase CPU VTT voltage to 1.4v
                          thanks

G.S

Comment

increased; no change

(everything in bios is set is on default and auto)do u want me to set the timings against or just leave it on auto

Comment

if you set all settings to auto, it will only run at DDR2 800 5-5-5-15@1.8-1.9v
                              so, please set them manually to DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15@2.1v, CPU VTT voltage to 1.4v
                              thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                              X