Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8800cl5d-4gbpi 1100

Hi there

I got F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI 1100 ram from G.Skill it set on auto and it run at 800hmz, I try to set it on 1100hmz by manually when I save and restart my comp it wont boot.

I think I need to set something else can you please help.

I am using......
    Asus striker 2 formual bios 1901
    Intel q9550
    Asus GTX 280

I dont overclocking my cpu I just want to run the ram at it full speed.

Thanks

Update!!

Seem like I got the RAM going at 533.3MHZ by setting

Timming 5 5 5 15 2t
    MEM. 1066
    Mem volt 1.9

It run fine for now but the CPU temp is reaching higher then usual and I dont overclock my CPU.

Default setting, Ram run on 800hmz and CPU temp is around 37 to 39.

After the above setting CPU temp reaching 49 to 51.

Is this normal????

Comment

No! Couple of ideas, give it a try at 1.8, but more likely when you changed your RAM settings, you may have inadvertantly also changed the FSB, i.e. if its running at 800 and you change it to 1066...and the system is set at a 1 to 1 set, then you'd also be raising the FSB putting more load on your CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for replying

Using CPU-Z I check my bus speed is run at 333.3mhz and rated FSB is at 1333.3mhz I believe that is default speed.

Could it be that my RAM meant run at 1100hmz but I set it at 1066mhz that why causing the temp to rising???

Comment

No, that shouldn't increase the temp. Next thoughts would be to check your CPU voltage, make sure it isn't high (set to auto) and also look at the CPU heatsink, some, like Zalman 9500, 9700, etc sort of snap on, it may have been knocked a little off center when changing to the new RAM.

Could also try resetting BIOS to defaults and then reset the RAM speeds. The RAM itself shouldn't cause the CPU to overheat, run hotter, whatever.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Finally I know why it casuing the temp to rise cos when I set the RAM and 1066mhz,timming 5,5,515,2t and MEM volt at 1.9 and the CPU core is setting on auto that is why the cpu temp suddenly increase.

What the avg cpu volt core for q9550??

Comment

The mobo can set it for you if you set the BIOS to AUTO, the max for the q9550 is is advertised at 1.3625V. Ffor just running at stock I normally set 9550s to around 1.24 and then either up or down a bit for stability and/or if you have C1 or E0 stepping. Some of it depends on your PSU and the other components you are using. The lower the better to cut down on heat, but you want to maintain stability

Tman

Comment

if you don't overclock your cpu, the memory frequency could only be at DDR2 1066 at most
                and you could keep cpu voltage auto or about 1.25v while running at default clock

G.S

Comment

Working...
                X