Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 x (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK) and Asus p5Q turbo

Hi

I have an older system running F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on Asus P5Q Turbo with E7500 * 3.66Ghz (333Mhz FSB). The system is rock stable both Prime95 and memtest86 can run forever w/o any errors. I recently decided to install Win7 64bit and got a second pair of F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK so now I have a total of 8GB DDR2 dual channel. Windows 7 64bit works ok, but I noticed that prime95 test fails after 20minutes. I ran memtest86 (using bootable cd) and it showed errors after completing 20% of the tests. I tried only the new 4GB pair alone and they seem to work rock solid just like the older couple on either slot pair

Then I tried raising both the FSB-Termination voltage to 1.4V and the NB voltage to 1.44V. Now Prime95 can be run for about 6 hours until error occurs and memtst86 was able to complete 2 passes of full tests and failed on 40% of the third test. Can I rais the NB and or the FSB-VTT more to arround 1.5V (Above 1.6V bios warns about better coolong solution for NorthBridge). Is there anything else I can try? Here are my settings:

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
    CPU Ratio Setting - 11
    FSB Frequency - 333
    PCIE Frequency - 100
    FSB Strap to North Bridge - 333
    DRAM Frequency - DDR2-1066
    tCL - 5 DRAM Clocks
    tRCD - 5 DRAM Clocks
    tRP - 5 DRAM Clocks
    tRAS - 15 DRAM Clocks
    tRRD - Auto
    tRFC - 85 DRAM Clocks
    tWR - Auto
    tRTP - Auto
    tRTW - Auto
    tWTR_S - Auto
    tWRT_D - Auto
    tRTR_S - Auto
    tRTR_D - Auto
    tWTW_S - Auto
    tWTW_D - Auto
    tWTPD - Auto
    tRTPD - Auto
    tPTPD - Auto
    tAPTAD - Auto
    tAPTRD - Auto
    DRAM Static Read Control - Auto
    DRAM Read Training - Auto
    MEM OC Charger - Enabled
    AI Clock Twister - Auto
    AI Transaction Booster - Auto
    CPU Voltage - 1.55V
    CPU GTL Reference - Auto
    CPU PLL Voltage - 1.7V
    FSB Termination Voltage - 1.4V
    DRAM Voltage - 2.20
    NB Voltage - 1.44
    SB Voltage - 1.3V
    PCIE Sata Voltage - 1.55V
    Load-Line Calibration - Disabled
    CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum - Disabled
    CPU Clock Skew - Auto
    CPU Margin Enhancement - Optimized

Thanks

No, should not need to. Use DRAM Voltage 2.10V NB Voltage 1.40V.

tWR 8, tRFC 80

If you still have a problem, make sure you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks

It did not work. I contacted Asus tech and they simply told me that it is not possible since this particular memory is not compatible with my MB when running 4 sticks. according to the MB QVL I can only run up to 2 sticks...

However, They said that 4 sticks can be run at DDR800 with lower timings. I tried DDR800 at 4-4-4-12 and it actually worked (passed 3 runs of memtest86+ and 12hours of Prime95)

Now I can live with that, But I do need some advice for other timing settings. With DDR800 and CAS 4-4-4-12, do I still need 2.1V DRAM and 1.40V NB running all 4 sticks? what about tRRD,tWTR,tWR,tRFC, should they be as recommended for 4 sticks at 1066, or can I tighten them up a bit?

Many thanks for the support

Comment

Can try lowering both, with the four sticks 2.1 for the DRAM is prob good, may be able to lower NB a hair, could try lowering about .01 at a time. The other timings should be good at auto.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Typically at those settings it is DRAM Voltage 2.0V, NB Voltage 1.30V.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X