DDR2-667-`gbnt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR2-667-`gbnt?

Sorry i cant understand all theses different numbers right now.

i have a compaq sr2150nx and i bought a pc-5300 1gig for my computer

after i installed it i notice my orignal 512 stick only reads as 256

and the 1gig only reads as 512

any help with this?

Look for memory hole remapping in BIOS, or something like this, and make sure it is enabled.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

?

okay i looked, no such option. also, it says only 1 memory bank is being used but i have both of them equipped. why does it say in BIOS that my card is 1024 but in xp says its only 512?
      Last edited by aslaven; 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Try the 1 GB stick in slot one closest to the CPU by itself, if it reads OK (BIOS and Win) then add the second stick. If ok then good to go, if not, might look for something in the BIOS about RAM mirroring or something...some older systems would try and combine the sticks to artificially create a single faster stick. If still no go may want to check and see if you have latest BIOS and/or contact Compaq

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ty

I found out, the reason is,, my original stick is LD and the upgrade is HD.

also, i only get the 756 out of 1g because im running integrated graphics.

sorry for the wasted time.

Comment

No problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X