Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility

I have a question about compatiblity in ram. I currently 2x1gb sticks of corsair dominator ddr2 1066 (CL5 5-5-15) on an asus crosshair II formula mother board with a phenom X4 9850 processor. I would like to increase my ram in preparation for an upgrade to windows 7. I know that matching ram in a board is fairly important, but the corsair is not available anymore. I did find G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 at newegg. This ram seems to be good quality and the support from gskill in the reviews on newegg is very impressive. my question is, would these 2 different sets of memory work together? They all appear to have the same specs and voltages. Obviously I could just get all gskill but I don't want to simply waste the old.

May take a bit of tweaking, but I'd guess you can get them to work together, I'd start with the 2GB GSkill sticks in slots 1-3, bring it up, make sure it's stable w/ the right base timings, voltage and CR (2N), then add the other two sticks. If any problems may have to up the tRFC a notch and/or play w/ voltages raising them just a bit for CPU and NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X