• Show
Clear All

• 4GBPQ and memtest

System

Asus P5NE-SLI
    Intel Q6600
    8GB Gskill
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Anyway installed the new ram I just bought. Tried running memtest and it will not run with all 4 sticks in pc. Take 2 out and put in any combo of the channels and memtest runs fine. Switch them all around any which way and it will run. But memtest will not run with all 8GB in for some reason. Any suggestions?

For 4 sticks may have to up the NB voltage among other things, what speed do you have the 6600 at? could you post your BIOS settings? Will want stock timings, voltage and CR at 2, may also have to adjust tRFC...also need to know what sticks you are running, see that they are PQ - but are they 800, 1066....? Need a little more info

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok sorry new to all this

It's not overclocked any. So its running at 2.4ghz. All the memory settings are set to AUTO in the memory timing settings. Not sure which settings you need sorry but heres what I got

Vcore 1.21v

ram is DDR2 800 PC2-6400

and now if I have 2 sticks installed its only showing 1 so could a channel socket be bad? but it showed all 8GB's earlier

Comment

May need a slight OC to run all 4 sticks, but first set your base timings manually to 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage to 1.9 and CR (Command Rate) to 2T. May have to raise NB Voltage .05 to .1 and check tRFC, initially guess to about 80

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X