Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 9600CL5D 4GBTD Cold Boot Issues-BSOD

Hello

My system has recently developed random BSOD along with cold boot issues. Memtest along with Windows memory diagnostics gives the modules the all clear. i have also run driver verifier with the same result- no errors. Given the cold boot issues im suspecting the ram modules are at fault - syncing?

Current system Specs

Win 7 64bit
    E8400 @ 4Ghz
    DFI P35-UT motherboard
    The Gskills @ 1200Mhz 5-5-5-15 with 1.9volts, trfc 65 all other timings on auto
    Adequate North bridge voltages have been applied.

Thanks !

Have you tested the sticks individually w/ memtest.....this is also a common problem w/ a corrupted OS or from a bad shutdown, i.e. powered surge, electric turned off with no shutdown, etc. Might also check BIOS settings to see if any look wrong i.e. DRAM voltage...could reset BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Welll have managed to check individual modules with memtest-no problem. Each module will actually cold boot on its own. The box has always been on a UPS so have eliminated any power specific problems that may arise. Given your suggestions, that left me with the possibility of a corrupted OS or corrupt bios, so i loaded a three month old image and was greeted politely with cold boot and BSOD issues the following morning.

Finally i reset the bios AND replaced the cmos battery-on input double checked all bios settings and saved to a different bank on CMOS reloaded.

So far this appears to have resolved all issues!!

Thank you Tradesman, for your suggestions

Comment

Hope that takes care of it, if not, give a shout...those are the most likely

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X