F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

I have been running this pair of sticks in dual channel in this board for a while in slots 1 and 3. I was running them at 800MHz with 5-5-5-15 timing at 1.8V (I did not run them at 2 or 2.1V because I did not think it was necessary for 800MHz). I ran them at 800MHz because my cpu fsb is at 400MHz and I could never get the system to boot at 1066 in dual channel with these sticks with any ram settings or other cpu setting changes.

Anyways, one day, my pc crashed and was stuck in a rebooting cycle when I got home, and now I believe one of the ram sticks is bad. The computer will not boot with both sticks installed, and testing them one at a time, the computer will boot with one of the sticks in slot 1 but will not boot off the other stick. Is there something I can do to revive to stick, or can I RMA a single stick so I can keep running off the worknig stick without downtime? Thanks~

Contacts

You could try cleaning the gold contacts with rubbing alcohol and if you have any compressed air, blowing out the DIMM slots, might have picked up a fiber or some lint. Also, from what I've seen GSkill will do a single stick

Comment

You can RMA the one module, but it is not recommended since they are a match tested kit for dual channel.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

This is what I will have to do, I cannot afford any downtime right now. I would like to RMA 1 stick.

Comment

For an RMA number you'll want to contact them at rma@gskillusa.com (Americas) or rma@gskill.com (world, out of Taiwan)....more info is available at:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you, I have submitted an RMA request form to that email.

Comment

They should get back Monday, Tues if it was a heavy weekend

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X