F2-8500cl5d-4gbpq ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbpq ram

I bought a new Mobo to replace a broken old one. The old PC Mobo was damaged physically, since the processor is old, I had limited choice of replacement Mobos.

Problem is on Boot up I am getting a blue screen (flashes to short to actually read the error) as windows tries to boot and it is reseting. My HDD shows up in the BIOS, and the iniatal bar for windows loading screen shows just before the BSOD into a reset. Same thing happens for Safemode and Last Known Good Config. In trying to eliminate the memory as a problem I came accross the compatibility issue in the manual.

It lists F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK RAM as acceptable RAM, the version I have, F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ RAM is not listed in the manual and seems to be no longer manufactured. I tried swaping the slots, using one stick at a time but the problem remains the same. It is also defaulting to 800 instead of 1066. The mobo will let me manual change it to 1067 but this seems to make no difference as the problem also still remains.

Mobo: Asus P5G41-M LE/CSM
    CPU: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Ram: G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ DDR2 1066 PC2-8500 2GBx2

Am I wrong to think this memory is the problem or is there something else I should try to verify?

Also, there there a diference between the Q and K versions of this memory that I am overlooking?

Assuming this problem has appeared since you first put the new mobo in, would say the problem is that Windows is on the hard drive that you used with the old mobo, so the BSOD are coming from Windows not having the proper drivers to run your new board....if this is indeed the problem, you'll need to take your Windows CD/DVD and boot from it, start install and do a system repair. After the repairs are completed, you may have or want to update the drivers for the new mobo and more than likely will have to reactivate your copy of Windows due to, what it will consider (extreme) changes to your system. If the automatic activation doesn't go through, you will be provided a code and asked to call for activation, just give them a holler, tell them your mobo went belly up and had to be replaced, should be no problem.

Other than that you should be okay, but if you have trouble booting to the CD/DVD, you may want to set the DRAM timings manually along with the spec voltage, CR at 2, and up your FSB to 333, your vCore voltage to 1.3 and add .1 to your NB. Once Windows is repaired you can adjust the system settings to as desired.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X