F2-8500CL5-2GBPK DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 in Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 MoBo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5-2GBPK DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 in Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 MoBo

Forgive me if there's a thread on this subject already. I performed a search and didn't find anything directly on point.

I'm using the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.0) motherboard with the F14 bios which has performed admirably for me since 2009. I've been using 4 Gb of the referenced G.Skill sticks which I love but have only been able to run at what appears to be 900 MHz at 5-5-5-15. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with a Q6600 quad core CPU.

Here's my issue: has anyone come across a method for getting the G Skill F2-8500CL5-2GBPK to run at 1066 in the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard using what appears to be the most recent bios which is F14? Is there a beta bios out there or a tweak that will allow the RAM to run to take advantage of its speed?

Thanks in advance.

What FSB are you running? Should be able to run 1066 if you have the FSB at 333 (1333) which will kick it up to 3 GHz, may have to increase vCore to 1.3 or so and possibly add .1 to the NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman:

Thanks for the prompt reply and for your suggestion. I played with the bios settings a little which included setting the FSB at 333 which set the RAM at 1066.

A CPU setting at 3.0 GHz is pretty much out of the question so I OC'd the CPU to 2.88 GHz. It worked okay with 4 GB of RAM. However, with 8 GB and then 6 Gb of RAM, I found it difficult to boot, let alone to run anything with any kind of stability.

Right now I'm using 6 Gb of RAM (3 X 2Gb) with the FSB at 300., the RAM at 900 MHz and the CPU at 2.7 GHz. This appears to be a fairly stable compromise.

Comment

If okay with you, then that's good, otherwise to climb to 1066 will prob have to increase your voltages in NB, CPU, and maybe DRAM, if so, do it gradually and keep track of the settings you've tried

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X