F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK on Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3

I just picked up some F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK for a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 with an AM2+ Phenom Quad 9600 black and the only settings that seem stable is running it at 800mhz. I've tried it on auto setting, using EPP, EPP and bios controlled voltage settings, some manual settings based on reading these forums, and it's always BSOD in windows, or errors in memtest (test 5).

Bios has been flashed to the newest version, F8f beta.
    Here's some screens...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Another thing i noticed too is that when i have it manually set to 1066Mhz memtest always reads the 5-5-5-15 as 8-#-#-#. I think that's the CAS#Latency, and that's always been set to 5.

Thanks again for any suggestions to try.

You need to manually set the base timings to the rated set 5-5-5-15, your mobo has put them to 5-7-7-20, voltage needs to be up to say 2.05, you are currently at 1.92, speed is ok, don't see CR (Command Rate) but will need to be 2N.

Try that first, then we may need to raise the vCore and the NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok, set the timings 5-5-5-15, don't see a command rate, but there is a 1t/2t command timing, is that the same thing? the only options are 1t and 2t, it's set for 2t. Tried that with the voltage at 1.92 and ran memtest, got 4 errors on the first 2gb, none on the second. bumped the voltage up to 2.032 and got like 35.

Comment

The command timing is the correct item, may have a bad stick, might test each individually w/ memtest to isolate and also may want to check with your retailer to see if the set can be exchanged due to the errors. Another possibility would be to raise the NB between ,05 and .1 and try it or drop the speed to about 900 and try.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

2.10V should be needed for this memory.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I raised the voltage to 2.1, errors. Raised the NB .05, tried at 2.0, and 2.1v. Raised the NB .1, tried at 2.0 and 2.1v, errors. In order to reach 900 speed, had to drop to x4 with 225 cpu frequency (can only change 200-500 in bios)... failed to boot.

Comment

Well, it's not bad memory. Tried it in a friends case and worked right off the bat. My mobo/cpu is over 3 yrs old, so what i might end up doing is selling that memory to my friend, and upgrading my mobo/cpu and get some gskill ddr3 memory.

Comment

Sorry we couldn't help more, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X