• Show
Clear All

• striker II 1066 prob

i have a asus striker II with intel q9650 3.00GHz
    2 sets of f2 8500cl5d 4gb ddr2 1066
    2 sli geforce gtx 275
    windows vista 64
    sorry if i missed anything important

ive been having trouble for a long time and i thought it was because i manually set my mem to 1066. games would freeze up. so i have them running at what the mb detects and it helped a little. but i still get hang ups i've tried using 1 video card and only 2 sticks of ram nothing seems to help.
    i just manually set the memory voltage to 2.0 (theres only 2.0 2.2 so no play there) would changing the voltage of my nb or sb help?

can i use all 4 sticks with this MB? any suggestions?

if i cant use these with this MB im thinking about buying one with less trouble any suggestions lol
    Last edited by rayik; 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM.

Raising the NB .1 might help, that's where the MC is, would help to know all your BIOS settings, i.e. both regular timings and advanced (tRFC may need adjusting), what FSB you are running 333 or higher? 400 maybe? CPU voltage, other voltages, etc....Also what PSU do you have?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i noticed i looked at the mem settings wrong too you can adjust it more i saw 2.02 thought it was 2.2 sorry

other then the ram i havent adjusted any settings on the motherboard all the voltages are on auto. clock speeds are stock as well
      just checked voltage though:
      vcore 1.23
      mem 2.03
      NB 1.34
      SB 1.52
      cpu pll 1.56
      cpu vtt 1.13
      ddr terminate 1.03

psu is

Seventeam ST-850PAF 850W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
      Last edited by rayik; 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Think I have some settings from Striker builds, but will be appr as most of them were run faster i.e. 400 FSB, will try to dig them up and get back tomorrow, prob early PM (PST). What you could do is take a look in the BIOS, go the the NB and set it at 1.2, when you do that it should show your 1.2 and also what the default or AUTO is.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sorry about this it's my first build and I don't really mess with bios much since I don't know what everything means.

I think I can change the fsb speed but then the ram speed adjustment is greyed out. By changing the linked unlinked setting. 1.2 on the nb is lower then it is on auto I found the voltages and edited my old post.

since I can set the mem voltage what should I put it at?

Comment

Just found a couple of the files this AM, which set of DRAM do you have, know it's the 8500 4GB but what are the last letters after the 4GB on the package, that will identify the actual sticks, in the meantime may need to raise the CPU/VTT to 1.2 or so and the vCore maybe .05

Tman

Comment

Memory should be at 2.10V, NB Voltage 1.40V, this should stabilize 4 modules. Also make sure you tWR is at least 8 and tRFC is 80.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

last 2 digits are pk

gskill tech the tWR only goes to 7 I set it to 7 and all your other settings I am going to try it now and see how it goes

also in the voltage menu is ddrii contrller ref, chan a ref, chan b ref. Dunno if those would help any
                thanks for all the help so far
                Last edited by rayik; 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Settings from GSkill look good, if problems might raise vCore to 1.28 - 1.29 and maybe CPU VTT to 1.2

Tman

Comment

ok ive been running for a while now and everything is stable with those voltages BUT only after i let the MB set the speed to 800. that's fine as long as its all stable so no big deal there..

Comment

Glad to hear it

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X