Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RAM installed = Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully complian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RAM installed = Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully complian

I guess this is a pretty simple question here.

I have an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, and I just bought 8gb of G.SKILL RAM that was guaranteed to work with the mother board. When I installed the memory the computer gave me a BSOD AFTER it posted. The BIOS shows 8gb of available memory. I also changed the timing and frequency to the ones written on the side of the module.

The BSOD always pops up right as the windows logo is coming together (windows 7) with "Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification"

Now I have two 1 gb sticks of crucial ram that I was using, those still work fine, not a problem.

Do you guys think it's a problem with my memory or with the configuration of the mobo? How can I check if it's a memory problem?

Try one module at a time to see if problem persists. Also, do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have the newest BIOS

I've checked both sticks individually in every port, no boot :\

Comment

Do you have or can you borrow different RAM, to eliminate that the problem may be w/ mobo, CPU, connections, mounting, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have 2x1gb of ram installed right now, and they work fine.

Basically I'm wondering if this RAM is dead or if there are maybe some setting I have to change.

Comment

If you can post your BIOS settings we can take a look, could be dead sticks, might try them one at a time again and make sure they are seated well. Otherwise might want to see if they can be exchanged from your retailer or look into RMA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What is the model number of your memory kit?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X