F2-6400cl5-4gbpq & asus p5b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400cl5-4gbpq & asus p5b

I have 2 sets of this for a total of 8GIG. I just upgraded my processor today to a Q8400. I currently have the FSB set @ 376MHz and the memory set @ 752 1:1. I have the NB voltage set to 1.4 and memory voltage set to 1.9 wite everything else set to auto. When I try to push the FSB to 400MHz I can't get it to post. I'm I just asking to much from this memory?

Set the DRAM manually, i.e. independent of the FSB - no 1:1, at 800....Also w/ that OC on the 8400 you'll have to step it down or increase the vCore.....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Forgot to mention that I tried setting it manually to 800MHz @ 1:1. How much vCore voltage can the 8400 take? I have it set at 1.34 volts.

Comment

I wouldn't put more than 1.35 v though that e8400 CPU. They arent made to handle much more than that before you seriously risk killing it.

Comment

believe the max rating is 1.365, and while Intel is notorious for underrating, probably want to stay under unless you have a lot of experience in balancing out the entire rig and keeping things cool

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X