Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding more comparable RAM

Hi,

I have Asus P5Q Pro with a set of F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ(2x2GB) and want to add another 2x2GB set. Besides the obvious, what other GSkill RAM would play nice?
    I don't really need this RAM to overclock, just want it stable so I can run 8GB.

I have Intel Xeon E3110 and Fortron Source 700w running windows Vista 64 bit.

Thanks for any help.

Well, obviously, there's the obvious..another set of same......With and beyond that, even w/ the same model of sticks there can be problems, which is why sets are tested together, if problems are encountered with another set of same, one fix is to drop the speed a bit or raise the CL, which reduces performance a bit.....so, as an alternative you could look to a set of 1066 sticks, then set them up to run w/ your current sticks at 1000, being a slightly stronger set it should go easily and you would stay at your current 1000 MHz. Might look at these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2%20x%202GB%29

Both are CL5 and carry the same voltage rating

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to be as cheap as possible. As I build my own PCs and have "retired" from the enthusiast market I am just looking for anything to play nice together.
      Have you or anyone else had success with other brands and g skill?

I am fairly confident with tweaking and wiggling timings and voltages, just am curious if others had some luck mixing brands.

Thanks

Comment

I've mixed w/ other brands and it's pretty much the same as mixing different models or the same models of GSkill, it can be real easy, it can be real hard......and on occasion it just can't be done. If I have to pick a different brand or model, I generally go to a higher speed w/ the same basic specs (CL, timings, voltage)...it seems to go easier that way.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I ended up getting another 2x2gb kit of the same RAM from Amazon resellers for $65 shipped.
          I'll let you know how it goes later on this upcoming week.
          Gotta love G skill

Comment

Be looking forward to it!

Tman

Comment

Got the second set in and hummin along @ stock speeds with the usual 5-5-5-15 timings and 2 volts. 3.75(417x9) on my e3110.
              It doesn't get any easier than this with Gskill RAM.
              Happy New Year.

Comment

Way to start the New Year........Enjoy and Have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X