• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B with ASUS P5Q

I installed 4 sticks of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
    2GB x 4

windows 7 x64

Please help me with correct bios setting.
    timing and voltage.
    Thank you

Intel Quad Core Q9400
    ASUS P5Q
    F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
    2GB x 4
    Windows 7 x64

Please Help me with correct Bios setting for Timing and Voltage.

Comment

Start with a single set in slots 1-3, 1 being closet to the CPU. Go into the BIOS and see what it has automatically set, will probably have the speed right but may have the base timings off, if so set them to 4-4-4-12, DRAM voltage to 1.9 and ensure Command Rate or Command Timing at 2T. Go ahead and boot, should be OK, then shut down and add the second set, the DRAM settings should all be the same, except maybe for the tRFC. Go ahead and booy and see if any problems. If not can try lowering DRAM voltage to 1.8. If any problems with the second boot, might want to again check tRFC... will prob want at least 68 also may want to raise the NB voltage by .1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
        The ASUS P5Q has latest bios installed
        DRAM timing control has 3 sets of field to be entered

1st Information 5-5-5-15-3-36-5-3
        2nd Information 8-3-5-4-6-4-6
        3rd Information 13-5-1-5-5

I only changed the first 4 number from 1st information to 4-4-4-12

please help me with the rest of the setting.

when i test the ram thru AIDA64 (aka everest from Lavalys) it shows that memory is runnung at 400 instead of 800.

here's screen shot of bios menu from the users manual

Comment

The 400 is the Frequency, the thing here though is this is dual-data-rate RAM, therefore you are actually running at 800 so you are good to go....most of the testing programs do the same and show the true frequency, not the effective...can try CPU-Z, Speccy and others, it's the same.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X