F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD issue

Ok, so.. these sticks have been running great in my system for the last 5 months, ive had them up to 1333 stable and have been running them at 1200 for the timings 24/7, lately (around the past week or so) ive been having these weird issues.. but before that heres my info:
    GA-ep45-ud3r F13E bios
    Q9400@ 3.6Ghz (am able to run @ 4.0Ghz stable) 1.34v
    700W PS
    F2-9600CL5D-4GBTD @ 1.90V (using timings provided in your MB/bios bios guide)

ok, well the issue is, ill be running everything perfectly stable, i can run prime, orthos occt whatever, and it runs great and then all of a sudden randomly, it will just totally hard freeze and when i restart i get the ram warning beeps, like a beep every quarter of a second. if i turn the system off and on a few times it would load the safety defaults in the bios and after i restore my clocks it would resume until the next occurrence.
    i ran memtest and the first time i ran it, it threw up errors, i then ran it again after checking my settings and then no errors, but the freezes and beeps still would happen.
    now it doesnt want to start at all with both sticks installed, i tested them both by starting up with one or the other and found if i had this one specific stick of the pair in, either by itself or with both in and it wouldnt start and id get the beeps of death. now i tried this one stick in another system i have and the same thing, beeps of death... and i also tried a pair of 1600mhz g.skills in my board and those work great no issues.. So, im figuring the stick slowly was dying and now is dead huh? am i correct in that assertion? can i rma? do you guys even have these same sticks in stock to be replaced with? Thank You
    Last edited by pyrorob; 12-19-2010, 12:41 PM.

Believe that yes this is still an active product, will want to contact GSkill at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world), additional info is at

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you think it would it be better to rma both sticks or just the one?

Comment

May want to if you can, i.e. have DRAM or another computer you can use for a few days, generally you get the return within about 5 days of them getting the bad stick(s). 1200's can be hard to find.

Drop them an e-mail at rma@gskillusa.com in states or rma@gskill.com (world) and can find more info on the process at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php.

They should be in Monday, but after the weekend it may be later in the day before you hear back.

Let me know how it goes

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Both sticks would be best so you can get a matched kit back.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X