Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get 1066 with F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and P31-S3G

Greetings G-Skill enthusiasts,

Like many, I'm having an issue trying to get my F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK to get up to 1066. I have looked at many of the stickies concerning how to do it, but the problem is, the bios i have are much more out of date due to the model of my board, and as such, lack the intricate features that some of these other boards do thanks to their fancy bios.

First off, here are my specs:

CPU - Intel Pentium E2200 Dual-Core Allendale 2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775

MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-P31-S3G LGA 775 Intel P31 ATX

PSU - Antec earthwatts EA430 430W Continuous Power ATX12V

GPU - EVGA 768-P3-1360-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5

As a quick note, my board does accept an overclocked 1066 (says so in the specs, and others have done it), but standard is 800 for it. Also, my bios version is the most up to date listed for this board, F7D beta.

I have already attempted multiple combinations of voltage changes, processor clocks, memory mults, and the like. Unfortunately, every time i boot up, while it checks my RAM, the screen goes black and the computer resets with stable bios settings. The RAM never passes unless i have everything on default (actually, it full booted once with all settings intact, and then never again). I mostly just want to change my cpu clock to 266 (for an overclock of 2.9 Ghz, which is very common to do with this CPU), and thus get my RAM up to 1066 as well.

Here are my bios options:

Any help would be VERY appreciated!
    Last edited by Armenix; 12-19-2010, 12:59 AM.

If using it in Win, try turning off power mgmt (can put it back on later probably), in BIOS disable C1E and Speedstep, set the FSB to 266, base timings to 5-5-5-15, speed to 1066, Command Rate to 2T, DRAM voltage to 2.1, lower the CPU multiplier by 1, set vCore about 1.325 and give that a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your swift reply! I will have to try these settings once I get home from work.

If you could please help me, I do not know which one is the Command Rate, all my labels are kind of strange on my bios. Thanks!

Comment

May say Command Timing or something of that ilk, but will show as 1T, 1N, 2T or 2N....if already at 2 (whatever) leave it there.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I wasn't 100% sure what speedstep was; the only two options that seem applicable would be EIST, or the "No-Execute Memory Protect" functions...i disabled EIST only, since i have read somewhere its good to disable it for overclocking.

found everything else, and got it set...computer doesn't stay on for more than 4-5 seconds before rebooting after trying several times.

Just FYI, those pictures above are a snapshot of all my M.I.T. settings. I can take one of the other options as well if need be so that we are all on the same page.

Thanks for you help so far, I hope we can find a fix!

Comment

MAy want to try the above settings but leave DRAM Speed at 800 initially to see if the OC on the cpu/system will take, if so then can try increasing the DRAM Speed and prob will want to add .1 to the NB voltage

Tman

Comment

Thanks again for your hasty reply!

I will try these settings, but i believe i tried similar settings and it also failed. I will update you again though and let you know whats up.

I have a feeling it could be related to my new video card, as i used to have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, and I was able to overclock it at these settings before with a little trouble here and there (i had to replace my old CPU that is the same model as my current one, and just recently put that in as well). Could it be related to the new power draw? People seem to have no problems with this PSU and similar conditions though

Comment

Possibly, do you have another available or one you could borrow, prob about 500 Watts

Tman

Comment

Unfortunately, i do not =(

Could i possibly just disconnect the power to the video card to find out? Obviously no video output...i could just temp hook my monitor to my motherboard directly for the moment..

I have no idea why its not working though, i cant even overclock the processor and keep my memory at 800

Comment

That might help, can't hurt to try

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X