ASUS P5n32-e SLI Plus -no POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P5n32-e SLI Plus -no POST

If I remove all memory, I get the 1 long, 2 short beep code.
    If I put one or more sticks of G-Skill DDR2-800 PC2-6400 2GB (#F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ) in any slot, I get nothing--no beeps,no POST, no video.
    All fans power up, light on mb is on.
    Processor: Pentium E5500

I removed the battery and jumpered the clrtc, put everything back, then tried rebooting. Still nothing.

followup

tried a stick of 6400 Kingston memory--no luck.
    Tried booting with the battery out and the clrtc jumper on. Still no luck.
    Network LEDs flicker when the net is hooked up.

Comment

Assuming the board is in the case, check that all mounting points are screwed in and tight to (hopefully) eliminate the possibility of a short, Could try an alternate PSU if you have one available or could borrow one. Make sure both the main ATX power connection to the mobo is tight as well as the CPU power connector. If new build in particular, pull the CPU and make sure there's no thermal grease on the sides or bottom, reinstall, ensure it's properly aligned. Can clean the gold connectors on your sticks (rubbing alcohol with a foam brush (i.e. a makeup type brush, some will suggest cotton Q-tips (can leave cotton fibers on the connectors) or a pencil eraser (often leaves a rubberish smudge or even small pieces of the eraser. Have found the foam stick works best)) May well just be the mobo, have seen a number of problems w/ these mobos arriving DOA or going belly up after a short while (check reviews at the Egg)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So the memory should work?

Just want to verify that the memory should work with this board.
        I'll see what ASUS will do on replacing it again --1st one worked great for about 6 months then gradually started getting very unstable. I got this one back about 8 months agao, and put it on the shelf as a spare.

really appreciate the help.

Comment

No problem, good luck

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X