Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR2 Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B

I am having an issue with my gaming machine. Specs are :

AMD Phenom II X4 940 OC-ed to 3.5 with Cool Master hyper 101 heatsink and fan
    ASRock A785GXH/128M mobo
    Antec 750 PSU
    ATI Radeon HD5770 gpu
    G.skill ddr2 800mhz at 4gbs

Everything is set to default with the exception of my cpu being overclocked to 3.5. I game mainly BFBC2, lately after about 15 mins of gaming everything lags out. I am getting color fractures and bleeding, my fps drop. I have ran MSI Kombuster stress test for 10 hours without fail. I then ran S&M v1.9.1 for cpu,memory, psu,and hdd stressing. Everything passed EXCEPT when it gets to the memory test - it locks up - the program then my machine. I rebooted and have retried the program many times with the same issue.

My question : do I have one or both bad memory sticks ? I even swapped them to the 2 other DIMM slots on my mobo with same results. How do I RMA them back for replacement?

Might want to test each w/ memtest to see if the problem lies in a single stick (GSkill can RMA a single or the entire set)

Will want to contact rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) for a RMA number - the basic info on procedures can be found at:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well tested each with memtest86+. results showed no errors. however - I starting gaming and crashed with BSOD with uncorrectable hardware failure. I remember that I had bought and installed a new hdd ( WD green 500gb sata). So I swapped back in my older WD 250gb and had same results. I then swapped my Gskill ram out for my older OCZ memory and nothing. machine functioned like new again. so just to test it again - swapped ram around again and machine crashed after 5 minutes of playing BFBC2. I dont mind using the older OCZ ram except its 2 gb vs 4gb of the Gskill.

Thinking and thinking. I had one more option up my sleeve. I shut down the machine - removed power cord and held power button for 30 seconds. I removed the Gskill ram and installed it in the other 2 DIMM slots on my mobo. Thus far no crashes. I will test it when gaming here shortly.

Is it possible for just 2 DIMM slots to be bad and the others to be fine ? Only difference between them is the 2 Im using now are more for 1066 ram........bios is set to run my ram at 800mhz which that is what it is. Just weird I suppose.

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings, may have a timing or voltage not being set correctly

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well I can only say that everything is set to default and auto settings. is there a copy those settings and paste here?

NO overclock on cpu
          NO overclock or over speed on memory
          voltage is set manually to 1.85v on memory - maybe my issue ?

at a total loss here. never had an issue like this.

Comment

I've got to run out to a job site, be back by 2:00 PM PST and will post some settings

Tman

Comment

ran CPUZ

Core Speed 3414.2 mhz
              multiplier x17.0
              bus speed 200.8mhz
              ht link 1807.6 mhz
              core voltage 1.235 V

DDR2
              4096 mb
              NB Freq 1807.5 mhz
              DRAM Freq 401.7 mhz

dont know if that helps

Comment

update

well with the memory in the other 2 DIMM slots, machine still crashes within 5 to 10 minutes of gaming. however I did throw in my older ocz ram and machine runs fine, even with gaming. have tried both sets of DIMM slots and no crashes.

will await your advice man and thanks for the help

Comment

Send them in for RMA.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X