• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8000cl5d-4gbpq

Hello!

8GB 4x2GB 8000CL5D
    Nvidia 780i Mobo
    Q6600 Intel processor

Hello, About two years ago I purchased a 4 GB set of F2-8000CL5D RAM I recently purchased a new set.
    I noticed that it looked different--though it said it was the same thing,
    the blue thingy (im assuming heat-sink) looks different from the first set I purchased.
    Both sets said they were the F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ though, so i inserted them.
    Everything was going fine-my computer recognized them and everything....

but then everything started going bad. my anti-virus program (AVG) began to shut its firewall off, began to have errors. then windows programs began to have major errors. Windows explorer.exe would restart, as would superfect.exe and other windows programs.
    This would continue until I would get a blue screen of death, or my computer would restart.
    Upon restarting my computer would preform a disk check-with no errors found.

I feared a virus and after a frustrating search resorted to re-formatting my computer, including the creation of a new partition, the deletion of the old one.
    However, the same thing started happening again.
    I tried both sets of memory separately--they seemed to work fine apart, though the problem seemed random, programs would close or stop with no specific time pattern.

What on earth is going on here? Much help is needed and any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Could 1 be 8500? Dark Blue heatsink? If so might try speed 1000, Command Rate 2T, Base Timings 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage 2.05, tRFC about 82 and raise the NB Voltage about .1 Are you OCing the 6600 at all?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

nope both are 8000s, just verified that by putting them in by sets and checking what the system profile said.

I tried having both sets in again at different times.

The new set is the problem-their is something wrong with them

oh well.

ill just RMA

thanks for the help

Comment

Might check the sticks individually with Memtest, if you only have 1 bad stick can RMA only the bad one. Depending on where and when you got the set might be able to do a straight exchange

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X