X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ RAM setting in BIOS

Hi,

I have builts a system a while ago with:

MB: GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2H LGA 775 Intel G41 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
    RAM: GSKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
    PSU: Corsair CMPSU-550VX

Computer has been restarting by itself pretty randomly. Even if I turn auto restart off in windows. I have BIOS settings for RAM all set in AUTO. I am wondering if restart is related to RAM setting.

I tried to run prime95 overnight before, and it was ok, ran video card stability test and it was ok, ran mem test for few hours and it was okay. I have already exchanged MB and PSU. Used core temp to check temperature, and most of the time two of the cores are ~36 degree celsius and the other two are pretty much at 51 degree celsius all the time. I am not sure what the problem was, I have even tried reinstalled windows and it still happens. Computer is also protected by firewall and antivirus. Can anyone shine some light on me please? THANKS!

Test one stick at a time to see if one module may be causing the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for your reply, so does it mean that I should just leave bios settings to auto and try?

Comment

Yes, this memory is within standard, so it should be plug and play.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks, I tested both ram separately, and computer restarts randomly with either ram , so I guess it shouldn't be a RAM problem? I am starting to think that it is a CPU problem. Do you have any suggestion? Or should I stop bothering you guys since it is not a ram problem.

Comment

Both modules could be defective too.. try running memtest86+ to see what the results are with each module.

We'll be glad to help even if it is non-memory related.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi I am trying memtest86+ v4.10
              When I am running the test with single memory for now, it shows that the memory is at 400MHz, I am wondering why is that, shouldn't it be at 800MHZ? System Memory Multiplier in Bios is set to AUTO and Memory Frequency is shown as 800MHZ in Bios.

Comment

Hi, I have ran Memtest 86+ for both RAMS over night seperately, and there was no error.
                Does it mean that I can isolate the problem to CPU or HD?

Comment

sorry for asking so many que at one time, this problem has frustrated me for a while, should I try setting the ram manually like this post:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1263

Comment

You can do that, but it is not required. This memory should detect automatically. Where do you see 400MHz? Depends on where you are looking, it may be correct. 400MHz x 2 = DDR2-800

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

so saying that, the settings for the memories should not be the cause of the porblem. What else can I do to find out the porblem then? So I guess what's left are the HD and the CPU.

Comment

Might want to see if you have a spare or can borrow a different PSU (power supply). If it's powering off totaly at random could be the PSU is insufficient or starting to go south on you.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thasnk for you reply tradesman, I actually suspected that before, so I switched PSU, and as you've said, it worked, so I RMA my corsair PSU, the one I am using now is a new one from corsair... so I guess it shouldn't be the PSU's problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X