No announcement yet.

Inserted more F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ and Now My Monitor Has No Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another video card was one of the first things I tried and it didn't work.

I was working with someone on another forum and we think ESD is the most likely culprit. I had the case set on wood, kept my hand on the case, discharged myself before I even touched the case, but I guess it wasn't enough, though I never had a problem before doing it that way. Ohh well. I have a static bracelet now and the new motherboard should be here tomorrow.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that will do the trick. I always wear a es bracelet when working on electronics. It's cheap insurance.
      MSI Big Bang xPower x58
      Intel i7 950
      GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
      Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
      OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
      WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
      WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
      Corsair TX950W
      Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

TickyBox
        If your video card has a external power connection which is usually in the way of installing memory and disconnected and is sometime overlooked and forgotten after memory is installed will create your problem

Tuco

Comment

My video card will still work even if I don't have the 6 pin PCI-e power cable attached, I'll just get a warning that it isn't plugged in and that the card is working at a lower power. However, I'm 100% certain it was connected on mine and the additional one I tried. I tried another power supply as well and that was not the issue either.

Comment

Working...
          X