Need help with settings for F2-8500 CL5D-4GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with settings for F2-8500 CL5D-4GBPK

I received my ram last week They are the F2-8500 CL5D-4GBPK. My Motherboard is a Asus M4N82 Deluxe. The ram placement according the the Asus Website is Socket A or B. Which means these Ram stick can only be put in as one stick for any channel or 4 sticks on both the yellow and black dimm slots. My question is do I have to wait until I can get a second set of these Ram before I can use any of them. Or can I place 1 stick in the yellow socket and 1 in the black socket and still get to use what I have. I did place these in the yellow sockets, as they are dual ram channels, and my computer only responded with blue screen stop errors, and when it did try to boot into the OS mt monitor screen went black and the computer would freeze up. This is the thread I followed for adjustments, http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1278

With just the two sticks, for dual channel, you'll want the yellow slots A1 and B1. Your limitation will come if you add additional sticks as the mobo only allows 1 per channel at 1066, if you add 2 more it will drop to the 800 speed as a default......from their you might be able to raise the speed to 900 or so by playing with the timings. Also at 800 with four sticks you may be able to tighten the timings and raise the performance to near native 1066 speed, possibly to CL4, but it will take some playing.
    Last edited by Tradesman; 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I did put stick's in yellow slots

As I said before I I'm and have always had these in the yellow slots. Please help me to get them to run there. And as stated I have followed instructions from this forum, for my motherboard to no avail. I also have the most recent bios. So could someone please give me setting that have constantly been proven to work on an Asus M4N82 Deluxe motherboard. Have did notice this evening the my OS was set to "minimal" power management. Would that have any effect?

Comment

What CPU are you using? Try CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V not NB Voltage.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X